Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NYC Exodus....

Default Re: NYC Exodus....

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Yep!

Bloomberg could have single-handedly funded the entire NYC response to CoV19 with just what he spent on his failed presidential campaign.
    Nahh He’s got all his money all tied up in undermining the constitution and disarming law abiding citizens all around the country.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    NY people are in panic mode. What did you expect ? You pocono folks sound like my Florida natives. “Snowbirds suck.....go home”. Which is all good but those “Undesirables” spend money and help the tax base.

I would rather my area go back to 50 yrs ago rather then helping the “tax base”

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by S&W19 View Post
    I saw a "two platter" unloading at an Airbnb near me today.
    Most short term rentals are operating under the radar and illegally report them to your township.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    “It’s hard to determine whether we have seen any cases that have spread from New York,” Levine said. says."

Helloooooo! Secretary Leviiiiine!

That's because the last wave from NYC arrived less than 5-10 ago, during the geometric growth phase in NYC. It's too soon to know what the effect will be yet.

There's already reports of St. Luke's Pocono/Monroe facilities being overwhelmed. These dummies from NYC are coming out to where the health care facilities are smaller than where they left and are swamping the ability to keep up. They would have been better off stying where they were unless they left two weeks ago.
    I really like Dr Levine but although the evidence is anecdotal it interesting. Monroe has a disproportionate number of commuters and vacationers. We have slightly more infected with the virus than Northampton County yet we have twice the square miles and half the residents? we have 279 persons per sq mile compared to Northampton which has 813 persons per sq mile.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    So, a group of persons who might be infected, got together and cut down a tree of someone else that might be infected? If this were a movie, all the people cutting the tree would die of the infection.
    If this were a movie , all the people cutting down the tree would die from high speed lead poisoning.
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by roberts257ai View Post
    I would rather my area go back to 50 yrs ago rather then helping the “tax base”
    The tax base argument was what lead to the courts finding against Kelo vs New London. I completely agree with you, helping the tax base isn't a great thing. That's what's going on here with all the farmland being bought up and developed into strip malls and townhouses. It helps the tax base, but it does nothing for the roads, nor food costs, nor other infrastructure issues.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    I really like Dr Levine but although the evidence is anecdotal it interesting. Monroe has a disproportionate number of commuters and vacationers. We have slightly more infected with the virus than Northampton County yet we have twice the square miles and half the residents? we have 279 persons per sq mile compared to Northampton which has 813 persons per sq mile.
    Interesting!

But those stats are kinda skewed due to land use. Monroe's inhabited areas (Stroud, Middle Smithfield Twps) are much more dense than Northampton's (e.g., Moore, etc.) The rest of Monroe is public land ( thank God!) and really doesn't reflect the other half.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Berks County)

I think that "Dr." Levine is a hideous looking freak of nature and due to that I never hear a word it says.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I think that "Dr." Levine is a hideous looking freak of nature and due to that I never hear a word it says.
    yea really............ , you realize we are not being 'Politically Correct "

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Every time I see her about to provide an update with that sign language chick off to the side I expect an old SNL skit to start or something, like when Garret Morris did the Weekend Update for the hearing impaired.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast