Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: NYC Exodus....

(Berks County)

Default Re: NYC Exodus....

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    To keep those buses moving on their way out of here? Looks like a rest stop, not a final destination.
    A couple of flat tires could instigate better planning for their next trip through.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

My wife has a co-worker who lives on the Jersey shore. Very high infection rate around him and I surmised it was people from NYC heading to their shore homes. He's staying inside as much as he can.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS20 View Post
    My wife has a co-worker who lives on the Jersey shore. Very high infection rate around him and I surmised it was people from NYC heading to their shore homes. He's staying inside as much as he can.
    That is one issue, but the bigger one is the Hasidic/orthodox Jewish population in ocean county who refuse to do anything to mitigate the spread. 9 rabbi's have died in the town of Lakewood from it since it started and the surrounding towns have extremely high infection rates because of this. I'm glad I left that area 7 years ago this June.
    Last edited by Hodgie; April 10th, 2020 at 11:35 PM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    NY people are in panic mode. What did you expect ? You pocono folks sound like my Florida natives. “Snowbirds suck.....go home”. Which is all good but those “Undesirables” spend money and help the tax base.
    No they bring liberal bs and high taxes. They help nothing and bring decay.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

NY people are in panic mode. What did you expect ? You pocono folks sound like my Florida natives. “Snowbirds suck.....go home”. Which is all good but those “Undesirables” spend money and help the tax base.
    If you believe that nonsense, then how about you take some in?
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

the struggle to spend all our tax money is all the more apparent now. it would do the government good to receive less of it.
    the OOS people did well for my tax base. we're one of the highest in the pocono's.
    RT80 is like an artery connecting monroe county to NJ/NY and my area isn't anything like the areas with a few turns to get to them, it is convenient for the commute to the city they love and can no longer afford..
    and the weekenders only benefit is they can't vote here.
    hell, i'll even take the airbnb rentals, their trash and noise over the people settling and demanding it be "just like home" here with all the perks of living on a postage stamp. paved roads, trash collection, police and ems. handouts and entitlements. stupidly high min wage etc.

it is all well and good, just like immigration. if someone plans to adopt the way of life here instead of trying to convert it into what they fled. people have to naturalize.
    Last edited by fallenleader; April 11th, 2020 at 06:48 AM.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    That is one issue, but the bigger one is the Hasidic/orthodox Jewish population in ocean county who refuse to do anything to mitigate the spread. 9 rabbi's have died in the town of Lakewood from it since it started and the surrounding towns have extremely high infection rates because of this. I'm glad I left that area 7 years ago this June.
    The Darwin solution you could call it.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    No they bring liberal bs and high taxes. They help nothing and bring decay.
    With their valuable imports like social and family values, lifestyle, activities...

I'm sure members here know better first hand, but I've been told by friends from the Pocono area that beautiful middle class developments from even 10 years ago are now in shambles.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    With their valuable imports like social and family values, lifestyle, activities...

I'm sure members here know better first hand, but I've been told by friends from the Pocono area that beautiful middle class developments from even 10 years ago are now in shambles.
    From liberals, "Our ideas are going to work this time!" Years later, "Why do we have so many problems? We need even more taxes and government."

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617