Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: NYC Exodus....

Default Re: NYC Exodus....

If the market super inflated here in would be a great time to sell but you would have to leave the area or state completely. Once my kids are done with school which is about a decade away we are out, possibly off deep into carbon county.

(Berks County)

I her you, I'll end up where my kids go. Hopefully south.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post

Today at 1 p.m. (4/3/20) this is gouldsboro truck stop tour buses from New York bringing all those contaminated bastards here every damn day. And we have to stay home and not work to prevent this disease. Tom Wolf what the fuck!!!!!!!

You should send this to Senator Scalvo since he seems to be the most vocal about this especially to the governor, he is the one who lead the way to shut rentals down targeting NY'ers.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    This is just people with somewhere to go bugging out to our area in the near term.

I was just talking to my wife about this this morning. We can expect a HUGE influx of people moving out of NYC in the 2-3 years folllwing whenever restrictions on movement and businesses let up. We saw it big time after 9/11, but this is going to make that look small. It will !ast for 5-10 years, then people will realize that it is economically unmanagable to maintain a permanenet home here and work there. They wil! then move back. 5-6 hours of commuting and bad winter roads are tough to contend with. Then gas went to $4.25/gallon. That year, Pocono Mountain school district lost over 500 kids in one year.

But, people have to learn for themselves. Be prepared for the housing market to go totally nuts for a few years.
    Hmmm...we still own a few lots scattered about...might be "sell time"...or am I an insensitive price gouging jerk for having something others might really want now? Not directed at you SC, nor anyone in particular...just curious...
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

Quote Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
    Hmmm...we still own a few lots scattered about...might be "sell time"...or am I an insensitive price gouging jerk for having something others might really want now? Not directed at you SC, nor anyone in particular...just curious...
    Land and real estate is one of those location and buy low and sell high type of things regardless of the situation.

As long as it's not next to my house of course.

(Berks County)

If they're two platers fuck 'em and get 'em good but if they're slaters you're a gouging scoundrel!
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Actually you should donate it to the people and let them start a tent city.

(Monroe County)

We've had a couple of waves of city people relocating here starting mostly in the mid 80's. The last couple years there has been a pretty good esodus heading back east. Local populations were down and west end school enrollment dropped by big percentages.

My biggest problem was always attitude, when they were tourists in the 70's they came would ski or honeymooned spent some money and left. Then they started staying and bringing a city attitude, not to mention Dutch cooking wasn't good enough, our bread sucked, our pizza sucked , there no street lights, no "culture" nothing to do and so on.

Now their beloved city and metro area is a giant petri dish for the virus and back they come to infect us.

(Wayne County)

If you have the properties as an investment and not as family-used and the values went up and were marketable, even I would question your sensibility for not selling and capitalizing on the situation.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

shut the buses down and the vans start appearing. little fly by night "undocumented" NYC-PA taxi services.
    only solution is to close the bridges.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast