Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Wolf Relents and Declares FFLs Essential Businesses. They're open!

Oh good, I'll go buy myself a new gun for my birthday. I need something that's fully semi automatic and has a thing that goes up and uses a hundred round clip magazine. I was told to "buy a shotgun". Hmmmmmmm lets see, Rock Island VR80

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Oh good, I'll go buy myself a new gun for my birthday. I need something that's fully semi automatic and has a thing that goes up and uses a hundred round clip magazine. I was told to "buy a shotgun". Hmmmmmmm lets see, Rock Island VR80

Also check out the AR-14's highly recommended by Sleepy Joe!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by KML View Post
    Ok but what’s the appointment only clause? Can a gun shop just open or does it have to give appointments? What about just walking in to buy ammo?
    Show up at the door -- Instant Appointment -- Problem Solved...

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post

Sorry, the biggest mags you can get for those are only 19 rounders, which stick out of the gun by about 2 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by 45Doll View Post
    Do you think Wolf would have come to this conclusion on his own? Or with the lawsuit and dissenting statement in his rear view mirror did he rethink his strategy?

I give Joshua credit for the nudge.
    I agree with that. I am sure that legislators and others were involved too and others applied pressure, but none of it would have happened but for that lawsuit.
    Last edited by Wilderness 1864; March 24th, 2020 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    That is it. I am sure that legislators were involved too and others applied pressure, but none of it would have happened but for that lawsuit.
    A minority opinion in a state Supreme Court case that the Lefties won by default (because the Court refused to hear it), probably had some impact, although there's plenty of precedent for the Woke True Believers to simply ignore cases they actually lost. Look at how they keep suing gun manufacturers for spree shooters, despite the Federal law barring such suits.

There are a million Pennsylvanians interested enough in guns to get LTCF's, and I'd expect that the 3,201 FFL's in Pennsylvania were a substantial interest group as well. Plenty of pressure for a left-wing governor who doesn't want to be utterly irrelevant or see the Dems get swept out in the next election. Every little bit helps.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

The scary part is that the three dissenters were democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Sorry, the biggest mags you can get for those are only 19 rounders, which stick out of the gun by about 2 feet.

Not true. The MKA 1919 20 round drum mag works in the VR80. Mrs. Ronin wants a VR80 for 3-gun. Folks that use them in competition are telling me they're great shotguns, but need mods out of the box to be good for gun games.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Not true. The MKA 1919 20 round drum mag works in the VR80. Mrs. Ronin wants a VR80 for 3-gun. Folks that use them in competition are telling me they're great shotguns, but need mods out of the box to be good for gun games.
    I don't know, the 19 round mag is $40 less and not made by promag.

Default Re: FFLS now listed as essential businesses

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    One small step for man. It looks like a shitty concession but it is progress. Open for gun sales only by appointment only, what a PITA.
    Open by appointment only makes sense as it prevents cluster of people being in one place.
    If you use an FFL that operate out of their home they generally schedule anyway as who wants a bunch of people
    in their house all at one time filling out paperwork and tying their phone up for "X" amount of time getting approvals
    or rejections? I would not.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast