Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Wolf Relents and Declares FFLs Essential Businesses. They're open!

"You gotta be alive to get paid."

(Juniata County)

Default FFLS now listed as essential businesses

More to follow
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Default Re: FFLS now listed as essential businesses

Governor Wolf Clarifies-Restores Legality of PA FFL's Selling Firearms

Gov. Wolf has updated his list of essential businesses that can still function under this current declared pandemic emergency! FFL/gun dealers can now legally operate under specific limitations for social distancing and other concerns but the sale of firearms has been restored in Pennsylvania!

There has been an awful lot of wrangling behind the scenes in the legislature because of the earlier closure order of the Wolf administration for gun dealers and listing them as nonessential businesses.

Here is the list below of the newly updated essential and nonessential businesses as of today, March 24 at 2:30 PM this afternoon:

https://foac-pac.org/uploads/FOAC-Ac...ated-03-24.pdf

If you know a gun dealer please let them know and share this list with them and feel free to repost it anywhere on the Internet and Facebook. Considering the concerns about safety and purchasing firearms in this critically concerning time we at least have a resolution for those who want to protect themselves and their families!
    Many thanks to all of you who of provided input to legislators as it did make a huge difference!

God bless you all, yours in freedom!

Kim Stolfer, Pres.

more info: https://www.scribd.com/document/4525...ation-Guidance

Thank you for your continued support!
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Berks County)

One small step for man. It looks like a shitty concession but it is progress. Open for gun sales only by appointment only, what a PITA.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Well I'll be a ...

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    One small step for man. It looks like a shitty concession but it is progress. Open for gun sales only by appointment only, what a PITA.
    Open by appointment only makes sense as it prevents cluster of people being in one place.
    If you use an FFL that operate out of their home they generally schedule anyway as who wants a bunch of people
    in their house all at one time filling out paperwork and tying their phone up for "X" amount of time getting approvals
    or rejections? I would not.

(Berks County)

The local police told The Sportsman Shop to stay closed. I didn’t know they had that power. Probably don’t. Doesn’t matter. Shop is closed.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Calico Jack Rackham View Post
    Open by appointment only makes sense as it prevents cluster of people being in one place.
    If you use an FFL that operate out of their home they generally schedule anyway as who wants a bunch of people
    in their house all at one time filling out paperwork and tying their phone up for "X" amount of time getting approvals
    On the flip side I look at my LGS, who would be open for ammo and accessories, which are not permitted to be sold if I read correctly. So...he's supposed to sit there all day on the hopes that someone will want to come in a buy a gun and turn all others away? I could be wrong but it doesn't sound very productive to me.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Calico Jack Rackham View Post
    I work out of my house, I have a separate phone line for my business (besides my cell phone) so it is no problem having several customers filling out paperwork and getting the PICS checks done. I never did close. That said, the sign on my door said "closed" but if a friend or acquaintance stopped by to chat who am I to say they can't come in. And so what if they have a firearm here that they ordered and it needs to be transferred. PICS was up the whole time and I didn't get any LEO's come to my door after I did a check to give me a cease and desist order.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Juniata County)

Default Re: Wolf Relents and Declares FFLs Essential Businesses. They're open!

Quote Originally Posted by 45Doll View Post
    n an updated list of Life Sustaining Businesses published at 2:30 PM on March 24, 2020, Pennsylvania Governor Wolf has declared that Federal Firearm Licensees, currently referred to as gun dealers, constitute life-sustaining businesses, due to the concurring and dissenting opinion of Pennsylvania Supreme Court Justice David Wecht, joined by Justices Donohue and Dougherty in Civil Rights Defense Firm, P.C., et al. v. Governor Wolf.

Specifically, under Trade, Transportation & Utilities, subsection Retail Trade, sub-subsection Sporting Goods, Hobby, Book, & Music Stores, it now provides:

Except that firearms dealers may operate physical businesses on a limited basis to complete only the portions of a sale/transfer that must be conducted in-person under the law, subject to the following restrictions: 1) all such sale/transfers will be conducted by individual appointment during limited hours only so as to minimize social interactions and congregating of persons; 2) the dealer will comply with social distancing, sanitization of applicable area between appointments, and other mitigation measures to protect its employees and the public.

This language is consistent with the Wecht Dissent, which, after declaring “that it is incumbent upon the Governor to make some manner of allowance for our citizens to continue to exercise this constitutional right,” states:

This need not necessarily take the form of a generalized exception to the Order for any and all firearm retailers, although such retailers have been classified as “essential” elsewhere in our Nation. To the contrary, just as the Governor has permitted restaurants to offer take-out service but restricted dine-in options, the Governor may limit the patronage of firearm retailers to the completion of the portions of a transfer that must be conducted in-person. Such an accommodation may be effectuated while preserving sensible restrictions designed to slow the spread of COVID-19, but nonetheless provide a legal avenue for the purchase and sale of firearms, thus avoiding an impermissible intrusion upon a fundamental constitutional right.

As some of you may be aware, Justice Wecht issued his Dissent, while he and his family are self-quarantined due to COVID-19.

Please join us in thanking Justices Wecht, Donohue, and Dougherty for being beacons of liberty in these times that try men’s souls and congratulating Chief Counsel Joshua Prince of the Civil Rights Defense Firm, P.C. for instituting the legal action that has resulted in Governor Wolf finding that gun dealers are life sustaining.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast