Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default FFL Transfer in Pittsburgh area

Can anyone please advise who does FFL transfer in Pgh for reasonable fee? I've done it on few occasions with gunrunners of PA, but I think Todd is not doing it any more. I've been quoted $40 in Gander mountain in Mifflin which is rip off. Thank you

Default Re: FFL Transfer in Pittsburgh area

Its in Ambridge, but Guzyk's Gun shop is a very decent guy. 724-251-0504

Mark when I called said $25 if I don't sell it here already (have it in stock) $45 if I do...

My Son wanted an AK and a FAL,

The Fal he does not regularly have, but the AK he has a few of. First came the AK, then a few days later the Fal. HE charged $25 for the AK and $20 for the Fal. His reason... He found out Tyler is in the Army. Suddenly making a proffit was not important.

An other stand up gang is the Neville Island place. Island Armory or some thing like that. Little place you can miss if you drive too quick. I went in there with Tyler once, looking for a 1911 GI model. No one had them around last Christmas. Every one said If they ordered it, would take a week to 14 days to get... (Christmas season remember)

Ty said in 7 days Ill be back in Iraq...

The fine people of Neville *Island Firearms* where no different then the other places, it was Christmas after all... 22nd and 23rd of December if I remember well.

But this time when Ty said in 7 Days I will be in Iraq... The owner there brightened up.. "Soldier boy eh!"

Put your phone number here, "Can't promise you anything but.. I will look around" he said.
    This was around 1pm on the 22nd. By 5pm, he had called Tyler back, I can have your 1911 here tomorow morning. On the 23rd, Tyler was the proud owner of a brand New 1911, and Island Firearms had found him 2 to choose from in the GI model he wanted and no one else lifted a finger.

Maybe you don't agree with the war... But you have to agree with the people at home who facilitate for our soldiers like that. I am pretty sure Island Firearms spent more then a few minutes making calls to get 2 guns there shipped overnight to him, and he charged the same price or lower then every one else was charging. It probably did not turn him any proffit at all.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

you can also try jack at gunrunner in cannonsburg, $20 and a great guy. he'll give you free water too!
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Jefferson County)

Not to sidetrack the tread, but what happened to GRoPA?

I never used his services, but kept him in mind just in case I needed to do a transfer in that area.

(Philadelphia County)

He told me his license was about to be terminated because he was moving to another address; this was in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Not to sidetrack the tread, but what happened to GRoPA?

I never used his services, but kept him in mind just in case I needed to do a transfer in that area.

(Allegheny County)

Island Firearms on Neville Island does transfers for $20.00
    The Lord Bless You

(Allegheny County)

http://www.theshootersbench.com

Ed is a good guy and transfers are quite reasonable. Also, he never acts like doing a transfer is a huge burden on him like some shop owners do. I like that.

If the West Mifflin Gander Mountain is close to you, try JR's Customs on Hacienda Drive in Baldwin. Just a short drive down Lebanon Church Road from Gander.
    Jules