Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 18 of 113 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: PA Counties locked down

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    Some of the truth is slowly leaking out... It supports what I've been posting in this thread... The Panic is the Pandemic...

White House's favorite coronavirus model overshot hospital bed count
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...el-overshot-h/
    I propose we check back on this post on April 30 and see how things stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Dr: you say your dog bit you? Take a bed, you have cv19
    Thats how its gonna happen

(Beaver County)

people vs governments.

"we may not call them kings, but they will be kings"

Southern South Western South Eastern York county, Pennsylvania

So, let me get this straight....a 4% chance of needing ICU care isn't scary to anyone here? That statistic, for healthy adults under 44, was posted here.

Yes, the government is exceeding its power.

Yes, they will probably get away with it, and want to continue the overreach after COVID is a distant memory.

Yes, the stay home order is a Hail Mary, because the models everyone is using says millions infected and hundreds of thousands dead. They are trying anything they can.

Yes, the essential business list is BS and was prepared with absolutely no thought or logic. Walmart is open with hundreds of people shopping inches apart, but the construction project near my home is closed. Just a few guys running bulldozers all day, not breathing on anyone.

Yes, it seems like we are overreacting until you realize that China underestimated its deaths by maybe 10X. That changes things.

That said, what do you all recommend? Staying home if possible so as to not overwhelm the hospitals seems reasonable. Hopefully we overestimate this thing and we end up with empty hospital beds when its all over. We can all spend the Memorial Day weekend complaining about the spring and how much it sucked, and how the government overreacted.

The other option is for everyone to go back to work and spread it like crazy. A person I work closely with every day has COVID and I really don't know how I don't. Luckily its been three weeks today since we went to work at home and I haven't been in the office since. According to when he got sick, he was probably infected at our last meeting.

I'm staying home. If I have to go out for Food or TP, I wear a mask. If its not real, I'll end up a meme one day. If it is real, I stand a better chance of being alive.

I feel for all those out of work, and if this lasts past April 30, I will probably be one of them.

(Chester County)

It's worth mentioning again. Every death from here on out will be coronavirus related. No one would have died otherwise.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Erie County)

As of last night, Erie County had 17 confirmed cases.

This county is bucking the trend, yet we are not in the National news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by jesemd View Post
    So, let me get this straight....a 4% chance of needing ICU care isn't scary to anyone here? That statistic, for healthy adults under 44, was posted here.

Yes, the government is exceeding its power.

Yes, they will probably get away with it, and want to continue the overreach after COVID is a distant memory.

Yes, the stay home order is a Hail Mary, because the models everyone is using says millions infected and hundreds of thousands dead. They are trying anything they can.

Yes, the essential business list is BS and was prepared with absolutely no thought or logic. Walmart is open with hundreds of people shopping inches apart, but the construction project near my home is closed. Just a few guys running bulldozers all day, not breathing on anyone.

Yes, it seems like we are overreacting until you realize that China underestimated its deaths by maybe 10X. That changes things.

That said, what do you all recommend? Staying home if possible so as to not overwhelm the hospitals seems reasonable. Hopefully we overestimate this thing and we end up with empty hospital beds when its all over. We can all spend the Memorial Day weekend complaining about the spring and how much it sucked, and how the government overreacted.

The other option is for everyone to go back to work and spread it like crazy. A person I work closely with every day has COVID and I really don't know how I don't. Luckily its been three weeks today since we went to work at home and I haven't been in the office since. According to when he got sick, he was probably infected at our last meeting.

I'm staying home. If I have to go out for Food or TP, I wear a mask. If its not real, I'll end up a meme one day. If it is real, I stand a better chance of being alive.

I feel for all those out of work, and if this lasts past April 30, I will probably be one of them.
    no 4% is not scary it's currently a chance not a fact we need to wait and see what happens because we can't control ignorant people. What's scary to me is the people who walk around with masks on then get offended when I avoid them who then find the need to interact with me because I'm avoiding them. Wear a mask I assume you've got it and had to leave the house for something important or your going to rob me so those people can deal with the fact I'm going to be an asshole if they try to approach me. It's funny to me how so many people with the masks have no problem invading your 6 feet of space either. People are supposedly so freaking afraid but they have no sense of fucking space, that's the shit that pisses me off. These are the same people who are going to make this worse not people like myself or others that just go about their day and respect other peoples space.

That being said majority of what I see people wearing are not going to protect anyone unless all these people understand how to fit a mask and it's actual purpose (especially those with beards or facial hair) if you don't have a proper seal around the sides of your face where the mask sits it's doing little to nothing for you and you can easily get infected by breathing out and allowing space around the edge of the mask when breathing back in. It's supposed to form a tight seal and standard dust masks don't really do much of that if you have ever worked with drywall you would know that these provide very little if any true protection especially if it's not properly fitted.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Everyone has been guessing since the beginning. China could have helped by being honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I apologize for posting so much on this thread, but I feel it is necessary. I want to say a bit more about the above ideas.

I take the coronavirus seriously. It's not a hoax and it brings on conditions that can lead to death. That's no joke. If you are scared, take whatever level of precautions you think are necessary for you and your family. You have a Right to Choose your self-care.

The problem is the misinformation that is being produced & promoted and especially the Disrespect of Individual Rights. The misinformation that is promulgated is promoting the violations of Individual Rights by the government (and past history tells us it is being done deliberately). The media hysteria to promote the worst-case scenario as INEVITABLE is convincing people that this virus requires a panic response. While there is some point of truth in what is being published, the perspective from which it is being presented creates a lie!

When the media presents information in a distorted perspective, they are using the truth to tell a LIE! This has become deliberate and second nature to those who will use anything and everything to reach their political goals of power. Many of the targeted people will simply insist that because there is some kernal of truth in the presentation that the overall perception being created is right, when, in fact, the overall presentation is puffed and twisted with much, much more assumptions, mights and maybes that make the kernal of truth the needle to inject the lie.

Trump's initial response was to buoy the spirits of the American people toward dealing with this virus. To promote a can-do attitude toward dealing with this. To get everyone working together to address the concerns. I didn't see that as turning a blind eye to it's danger. But the media and dems assaulted him for not embracing the hysterical worst-case scenarios which lead to panic. And then the 'experts' began to take these worst-case scenarios as the basis for their advice, to be implemented immediately as though the worst-case scenario was the present circumstance. There were no voices of reason to address the current situation as it truly existed but still make preparation for the situation worsening toward the worst-case scenario.

Deal with reality, but prepare for reality to change.

Quote Originally Posted by jesemd View Post
    Don't distort the facts - If you are talking about the chart, that 4% I understand to be related to those who were tested positive for the virus - NOT 4% of all those tested and certainly NOT 4% of the Population!

It is just such statements (with the kernal of truth that some 4% is going to ICU) that is then distorted into a SCARE STATEMENT that is a LIE!

What underlying conditions did those 4% (of those who actually had the virus) have? When all the data is looked at, what percent of the at-large population (in those age groups) meets these elevated vulnerable conditions? The statement should be made about the realistic RISK rather than a PANIC statement that is based on distortion!
    (To help with clarity, I reEdited my previous post with the chart to include more information - Read the article and understand clearly without jumping to inaccurate conclusions.)

It is a common situation with the media and dems trying to create chaos everywhere (even before this virus) that promotes people to lurch to extremes, both in their perceptions and their reactions. It is terribly difficult, and unnecessarily so, to make appropriate decisions when everyone is in a PANIC!

Losing your head while trying to save your body is not a valid approach!

Last edited by ImminentDanger; April 3rd, 2020 at 08:21 AM. Reason: for spelling

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post

It's funny to me how so many people with the masks have no problem invading your 6 feet of space either. People are supposedly so freaking afraid but they have no sense of fucking space, that's the shit that pisses me off. These are the same people who are going to make this worse not people like myself or others that just go about their day and respect other peoples space.
    These are the same dumbasses that text and drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    These are the same dumbasses that text and drive.
    pretty much

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gun again.

Page 18 of 113 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast