Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 57 of 112 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Default Re: PA Counties locked down

Sent to me by Rep Metcalfe:

Roll Call: 87 House Democrats Vote Against Putting PA Back to Work

The day after the governor vetoed several measures offering more options to reopen the state, the House attempted an override vote on one of the bills.

House Bill 2388 would have allowed the following types of businesses to reopen: vehicle dealerships, lawn and garden centers, cosmetology salons and barber shops, messenger services, animal grooming services and manufacturing operations.

All 109 House Republicans, along with six Democrats, voted to support.

Unfortunately, the veto override failed to garner the two-thirds majority required due to 87 House Democrats (see roll call above) voting against giving Pennsylvania citizens the choice of safely returning to work, supporting their families and putting bread on their tables.

Ironically, another bill that the governor vetoed (House Bill 2412) would have helped reopen real estate services throughout the Commonwealth. Shortly after announcing his vetoes, the governor released new guidance to allow real estate to resume statewide anyway.

This is not the first time the governor has caved to the overwhelming pressure of the people and acted in direct response to actions of the House. The same occurred with reopening the construction industry, online vehicle sales, gun shops and firearm dealers.

Here is a quick rundown for the rest of this week’s session:

To help our struggling restaurants, bars and clubs, we passed bills that would authorize these business owners to allow outdoor seating (House Bill 2506) and indoor seating (House Bill 2513) to resume in areas of the state in the yellow or green phases of mitigation. Certain safety guidelines would have to be met. These bills go to the Senate for consideration.

In related news, House Bill 327, which would allow the sale of cocktails to go from bars, restaurants or hotels with a liquor license is now law.

To further aid in assessment of the COVID-19 disaster response, House Bill 2505 would require the administration to retain relevant records for 10 years after the end of the emergency order. The bill goes to the Senate for consideration.

Additionally, House Bill 2517 would require a waiver to allow residential cleaning services to resume operations during the COVID-19 emergency, provided they follow social distancing and other health and safety guidelines. This bill also goes to the Senate.

House Republicans are taking necessary actions to drive the agenda toward reopening our entire economy and we will continue to do so.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    Your continued promotion that THE SKY IS FALLING and WE MUST PANIC is simply wrong. Within 3-4 weeks of the start of this virus, the true information about who was vulnerable was rather clear, but it was being withheld or suppressed - To find it, you had to dig and evaluate it for yourself. Those who insisted on PANIC chose to lock down everything due to FEAR, while in their inept reactions, they moved coronavirus patients into nursing homes to infect the MOST VULNERABLE. Then they claimed the high mortality rate (a result of their own stupidity) proved they were doing the right thing of keeping everyone locked down despite that the data showed it was unnecessary. As long as EVERYONE who is NOT, is treated as though they are THE MOST VULNERABLE, the idiocy will continue.

There will be some, maybe even many, more people who contract the virus - but OVERWHELMING, they will have mild or no symptoms, OVERWHELMING, most will not even have to be hospitalized.

EDICTS ARE UNCONSTITUTIONAL!

Those who understand and appreciate Freedom should be able to decide for themselves what level of RISK is acceptable. They should be provided accurate information to make an informed decision.

All those who are actually vulnerable and those who are simply scared should make decisions about isolation to prevent coming in contact with the virus. They have that Right - But their vulnerability and their decisions should not prevent others from making their choices for accepting the risk of moving forward with their lives WITHOUT THE PANIC REACTIONS.

Unable to rep
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Unable to rep
    Got him for you.

(Luzerne County)

From what I’ve read on Twitter, wolfs plans to reopen are pretty much not to reopen. If you read through his red yellow green garbage, green doesn’t reopen everything. Still wear mask and social distancing bullshit. Still work from home. No big crowds etc. so I guess we can’t have concerts and big venue entertainment? Churches and restaurants only at half capacity, in the “green zone??” We are headed into worse times. All this new normal bullshit is pissing me off as well. This is NOT the new normal! They got that from WHO and their agenda 21 crap. Looks like we’ll be rallying for more than 2A rights.
    Someone said he isn’t up for re election so we get a tyrant for the next 2 years?? Gun rights will be the least of our problems if this persists like they want it to. Why would he worry about what he does? He’s not up for re election, nothing to lose. Just think, this is all politics. All of it. I don’t even believe that the virus is still actually relevant at this point. I don’t care how many people get it, it’s how many die from it. I bet that number is minuscule. They inflate the numbers. Who knows how many really die from the flu each year. They count flu deaths and flu related deaths as flu deaths. That number might be small as well. Inflated so we take their poison vaccines. There’s going to be a civil war and that’s exactly what they want. More division and more fighting amongst ourselves. This is bad.... Everyone needs to be proactive. Mail in voting is going to put all the people they want in place to undo everything Trump has done up to know.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by God and Guns View Post
    From what I’ve read on Twitter, wolfs plans to reopen are pretty much not to reopen. If you read through his red yellow green garbage, green doesn’t reopen everything. Still wear mask and social distancing bullshit. Still work from home. No big crowds etc. so I guess we can’t have concerts and big venue entertainment? Churches and restaurants only at half capacity, in the “green zone??” We are headed into worse times. All this new normal bullshit is pissing me off as well. This is NOT the new normal! They got that from WHO and their agenda 21 crap. Looks like we’ll be rallying for more than 2A rights.
    Someone said he isn’t up for re election so we get a tyrant for the next 2 years?? Gun rights will be the least of our problems if this persists like they want it to. Why would he worry about what he does? He’s not up for re election, nothing to lose. Just think, this is all politics. All of it. I don’t even believe that the virus is still actually relevant at this point. I don’t care how many people get it, it’s how many die from it. I bet that number is minuscule. They inflate the numbers. Who knows how many really die from the flu each year. They count flu deaths and flu related deaths as flu deaths. That number might be small as well. Inflated so we take their poison vaccines. There’s going to be a civil war and that’s exactly what they want. More division and more fighting amongst ourselves. This is bad.... Everyone needs to be proactive. Mail in voting is going to put all the people they want in place to undo everything Trump has done up to know.
    This is exactly what wolf wants - there is no "normal" anymore, he's in control now. I posted this in the Harrisburg Rally thread, and it applies here too:

It is long past due for us to invoke Article I, Section 2 of the PA Constitution:

2. Political powers.

All power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority and instituted for their peace, safety and happiness. For the advancement of these ends they have at all times an inalienable and indefeasible right to alter, reform or abolish their government in such manner as they may think proper.

Our state legislature is full of pussies.
    All RNC sponsored legislation is bullshit because they know it will get vetoed.
    When they had the reigns they didn't do shit.

The only thing that will reverse this is everyday people and businesses saying fuck you when we go "green".
    No masks, no mandated distancing, we're done this wasn't the deal. But since that won't happen on a large enough scale to be effective I don't know what the answer is.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    The only thing that will reverse this is everyday people and businesses saying fuck you when we go "green".
    No masks, no mandated distancing, we're done this wasn't the deal. But since that won't happen on a large enough scale to be effective I don't know what the answer is.
    It won't happen - if people didn't do it during "yellow" or earlier, they're going to continue being sheep and following in line.

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    It won't happen - if people didn't do it during "yellow" or earlier, they're going to continue being sheep and following in line.
    I know. It's a difficult situation, and I predicted this, that the gov was and is going to make private business the scapegoat to bring whatever the endgame is to fruition.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by God and Guns View Post
    Looks like we’ll be rallying for more than 2A rights.
    This is what I've been trying to get across in this forum for 10 YEARS! It's always been about more than 2A rights - I don't care how much lip service is paid to the special causes of each rally, if our representatives do not stand CLEARLY and LOUDLY for OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS, then every act they take, even when it's in favor of your particular cause, is nothing more than PANDERING FOR VOTES!

This situation has been developing for a long time. Our government has played the populace for the FOOLS that so many are. They don't understand the Constitutional concept of Rights (ALL POWER resides in THE PEOPLE), they don't care to punish those who violate the Rights of a handful of people (it's not me, so who really cares), they're all for the NECESSARY security (for safety) of constant surveillance (if you don't have anything to hide, who really cares if they monitor us) and the confiscation of property (guns, cash, cars, homes, etc.) on the slimmest of evidence of wrong doing. The populace has been duped into believing that the government (and their individual reps) are truly interested in protecting them and doing good favors for them and keeping them safe from all the bad things in life, all out of altruistic concerns.

To our SUPPOSED representative, politics is just a game, to be won or lost at the ballot box - The political parties have agreed to divide the populace and work the game back and forth with votes gained or lost. The constituents are playing pieces (pawns) used to play the game and the ONLY real goal is to get elected as many times as possible. Actions are taken with utmost concern for how it will affect the outcome of the game (next election) and has nothing to do with SERVING the constituents or protecting them from government overreach, unless that furthers the goal of reelection. The Judiciary has been politicized and clearly it makes a difference WHO APPOINTED A JUDGE as to how that judge is going to rule. The Supreme Court itself, that is supposed to protect the people from the government by ruling absolutely according to the Constitution, and without legislating from the bench, has likewise been politicized. John Roberts declared Obamacare Constitutional, you can be FORCED TO BUY A PRODUCT! He's delusional - It is OBVIOUS to anyone with eyes, that his declaration regarding an impartial judiciary is simply wrong!

It's been a long time coming and their goal has always been to make the government so big it is almost impossible for anyone to clean house - We're seeing that right before our eyes. Big government sticks it's nose into every affair of life so as to pit various sets of constituents against one another, instead of all of them using their effort to take down the UNCONSTITUTIONAL INTRUSION of the government. This is obvious with the 2A tinkering arguments that pit one group against another.

On this very forum, the goal has far too often been nit-picky tinkering with the UNCONSTITUTIONAL Licensing Scheme instead of FULL FORCE advancement of Constitutional Carry. Tinkering around the edges has gotten us more and more intervention and the institution of a REGISTRY that is supported by our corrupt Supreme Court that can't read the plain statements in our State Constitution!

A peaceful retaking of our Rights, minimizing the size of government and their interventions in our lives, along with greater tolerance of other people doing what we don't like (so long as it does not threaten our Rights or our lives) should be the goal of every patriot. Also, with the lack of education of the young people in the FOUNDING PRINCIPLES of this country and why they are so important, it is hard to belive even a violent uprising to restore our Rights would succeed. We need to make every effort to centralize the promotion of our Constitutional Rights as the basis of every rally, not simply our 2A Rights.

As is obvious in this time of continuing DECLARATIONS OF EMERGENCIES, every Right we actually have is under assault, every day, in unnumbered ways.

Sorry for the RANT - Your comment touched a nerve...

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    This is what I've been trying to get across in this forum for 10 YEARS! It's always been about more than 2A rights - I don't care how much lip service is paid to the special causes of each rally, if our representatives do not stand CLEARLY and LOUDLY for OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS, then every act they take, even when it's in favor of your particular cause, is nothing more than PANDERING FOR VOTES!

This situation has been developing for a long time. Our government has played the populace for the FOOLS that so many are. They don't understand the Constitutional concept of Rights (ALL POWER resides in THE PEOPLE), they don't care to punish those who violate the Rights of a handful of people (it's not me, so who really cares), they're all for the NECESSARY security (for safety) of constant surveillance (if you don't have anything to hide, who really cares if they monitor us) and the confiscation of property (guns, cash, cars, homes, etc.) on the slimmest of evidence of wrong doing. The populace has been duped into believing that the government (and their individual reps) are truly interested in protecting them and doing good favors for them and keeping them safe from all the bad things in life, all out of altruistic concerns.

To our SUPPOSED representative, politics is just a game, to be won or lost at the ballot box - The political parties have agreed to divide the populace and work the game back and forth with votes gained or lost. The constituents are playing pieces (pawns) used to play the game and the ONLY real goal is to get elected as many times as possible. Actions are taken with utmost concern for how it will affect the outcome of the game (next election) and has nothing to do with SERVING the constituents or protecting them from government overreach, unless that furthers the goal of reelection. The Judiciary has been politicized and clearly it makes a difference WHO APPOINTED A JUDGE as to how that judge is going to rule. The Supreme Court itself, that is supposed to protect the people from the government by ruling absolutely according to the Constitution, and without legislating from the bench, has likewise been politicized. John Roberts declared Obamacare Constitutional, you can be FORCED TO BUY A PRODUCT! He's delusional - It is OBVIOUS to anyone with eyes, that his declaration regarding an impartial judiciary is simply wrong!

It's been a long time coming and their goal has always been to make the government so big it is almost impossible for anyone to clean house - We're seeing that right before our eyes. Big government sticks it's nose into every affair of life so as to pit various sets of constituents against one another, instead of all of them using their effort to take down the UNCONSTITUTIONAL INTRUSION of the government. This is obvious with the 2A tinkering arguments that pit one group against another.

On this very forum, the goal has far too often been nit-picky tinkering with the UNCONSTITUTIONAL Licensing Scheme instead of FULL FORCE advancement of Constitutional Carry. Tinkering around the edges has gotten us more and more intervention and the institution of a REGISTRY that is supported by our corrupt Supreme Court that can't read the plain statements in our State Constitution!

A peaceful retaking of our Rights, minimizing the size of government and their interventions in our lives, along with greater tolerance of other people doing what we don't like (so long as it does not threaten our Rights or our lives) should be the goal of every patriot. Also, with the lack of education of the young people in the FOUNDING PRINCIPLES of this country and why they are so important, it is hard to belive even a violent uprising to restore our Rights would succeed. We need to make every effort to centralize the promotion of our Constitutional Rights as the basis of every rally, not simply our 2A Rights.

As is obvious in this time of continuing DECLARATIONS OF EMERGENCIES, every Right we actually have is under assault, every day, in unnumbered ways.

Sorry for the RANT - Your comment touched a nerve...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ImminentDanger again.
    You're absolutely right. Thanks for the rant.

Page 57 of 112 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast