Let me analyze this a little farther:

Out of:

12,800,000 people in PA

41,864 were tested (37,777+4087)

4,087 were Positive

3,701 did NOT go to the hospital
    (How many have already recovered)

386 ONLY were sick enough to go to the hospital
    (How many are actually still in the hospital?)

48 died of those hospitalized (presumedly)

Using the stats in my previous post:

Ages (out of 4087 cases positive)
    00-04 .004 = 16
    05-12 .006 = 25
    13-18 .010 = 41
    19-24 .100 = 409
    25-49 .410 = 1676
    50-64 .280 = 1144
    65+.. .190 = 777

Out of what groups are the 48 that died?

==============================
    Out of 41,864 tested, less than 1% were
    ill enough to go to the hospital.

Thus far:
    Out of 12,800,000 people in Pennsylvania
    .003% (x0.00003) went to the hospital
    for the Coronavirus PANDEMIC!
    ==============================

upload image

(Franklin County)

Default Re: PA Counties locked down

My county (Franklin) is on the latest list of "locked down" counties.
    My wife asked me what that means for us, I said "nothing".
    For the last couple of weeks my work is "essential, she's been working from home, we haven't been going out socializing, we go to the store when we need to, we go do things we need to do, we go for walks and outdoor recreation as we normally would. As far as I can imagine the "locked down" situation means nothing.
    I work in Maryland, they've been in "locked down" mode for a few days now. I travel back and forth to work just as I always have, I stop and get gas just as I always have, the only thing that's changed is I have a stupid piece of paper from my employer stating that I'm "essential". As far as I know no one I work with has been stopped or questioned or cited or told to go back home. It's a big nothing burger. in my book.
    The Hostler

(Beaver County)

But "locked down" makes such great headlines and gives a sense of power to those in government.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    My county (Franklin) is on the latest list of "locked down" counties.
    My wife asked me what that means for us, I said "nothing".
    For the last couple of weeks my work is "essential, she's been working from home, we haven't been going out socializing, we go to the store when we need to, we go do things we need to do, we go for walks and outdoor recreation as we normally would. As far as I can imagine the "locked down" situation means nothing.

I work in Maryland, they've been in "locked down" mode for a few days now. I travel back and forth to work just as I always have, I stop and get gas just as I always have, the only thing that's changed is I have a stupid piece of paper from my employer stating that I'm "essential". As far as I know no one I work with has been stopped or questioned or cited or told to go back home. It's a big nothing burger. in my book.
    Funny thing about that "nothing burger" - It's destroying the livelihoods of many entrepreneurs across our state, the nation and the world - It's preventing people from making their own choices. But because it is comfortable for you to comply (and you have an exemption for work), it's a "nothing burger"...

(This isn't personal - I don't know you - but your comments (as they stand) represent an attitude of far too many.)

What good are constitutional rights if they are violated when Americans get sick?
    By Andrew P. Napolitano - - Wednesday, March 25, 2020
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...f-they-are-vi/

Of what value is a constitutional guarantee if it can be violated when people get sick? If it can, it is not a guarantee; it is a fraud. Stated differently, a constitutional guarantee is only as valuable and reliable as is the fidelity to the Constitution of those in whose hands we have reposed it for safekeeping.

Because the folks in government, with very few exceptions, suffer from what St. Augustine called libido dominandi — the lust to dominate — when they are confronted with the age-old clash of personal liberty versus government force, they will nearly always come down on the side of force.

How do they get away with this? By scaring the daylights out of us. I never thought I’d see this in my lifetime, though our ancestors saw this in every generation. In America today, we have a government of fear. Machiavelli offered that men obey better when they fear you than when they love you. Sadly, he was right, and the government in America knows this.

Millions (yes, Millions of Patriots) have died thru its history to preserve Freedom in America. Their lives (given willingly for Freedom) seem to mean "nothing" to those who can't make the distinction between THE PEOPLE choosing to self-quarantine (which I applaud) and the Government EDICT imposing a forced quarantine (which I denounce). Far too many people willingly, maybe even cheerfully, give up their responsibility to choose for themselves in order to allow the Government to demand obedience by everyone. It is not a choice from FREEDOM to do good to others, it is obeisance to the government, to be obedient to their demands. This corrodes the Constitution.

As in all of life, there is a matter of risk. You can't live without some risk. The US Constitution says WE THE PEOPLE have the Freedom To Choose what risks we are willing to take in the pursuit of Life, Liberty and Happiness.

But politicians are currently choosing to IMPOSE actions that transfer those CHOICES OF RISK out of the hands of THE PEOPLE, and instead, depositing them into the hands of the politicians. Those politicians are very willing (for their own agenda) to TAKE AWAY the freedoms that America was founded upon.

As a gun owner (I presume most on this board are), it should have become clear, in the fight over the past 60-plus years, that those who oppose the fundamental Rights of THE PEOPLE are willing to move in very small, incremental steps, to reach their goals. They can get what they want as long as they boil the frog slowly... Every step, no matter how small, ought to be denounced and fought.

In these lockdowns, there is an underlying corrosion of our Constitution and that fact is not lost on those who 'Lust to Dominate'. The manipulation of the public perspective in this hysterical event (by the government & the media thru a drought of critical information upon which THE PEOPLE could evaluate the truth for themselves) will scare the masses into willingly embrace the loss of their rightful authority to choose their own risk in life. Lacking any desire to be responsible for themselves, FREEDOM has been dumbed down in this country to the point of many saying "I'M FREE" in the face of the government having taken over their lives.

I despair for the future of America...

Last edited by ImminentDanger; April 1st, 2020 at 02:31 PM.

(Franklin County)

Give us a real live example of someone who has been effected specifically by the "lock down", over and above any effects of the virus social distancing precautions in general, like someone who was working a day before the "lock down" that is no longer working a day after the lock down?
    The Hostler

(Berks County)

Give us a real live example of someone who has been effected specifically by the "lock down", over and above any effects of the virus social distancing precautions in general, like someone who was working a day before the "lock down" that is no longer working a day after the lock down?
    I have five immediate neighbors and the only ones working right now work at the nuke.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I have five immediate neighbors and the only ones working right now work at the nuke.
    We're they working the day before Germs county was locked down?
    The Hostler

Me. At this time of year we should be up to our eyeballs in work.
    We have just enough work to pay a months worth of bills.
    Reminds me of 2008-16

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Me. At this time of year we should be up to our eyeballs in work.
    We have just enough work to pay a months worth of bills.
    Reminds me of 2008-16
    Did you have work a day before you were locked down?
    The Hostler

(Franklin County)

I agree with ray. The heavy blow was the "essential/non-essential" determinations and the effect that had on small business and certain business categories.

The new "stay at home" changes nothing. The same places are open (or closed) and you can still go there to get what you need (or even WANT) any time they are open. Hell, you can even go wherever for "volunteer activities" and "exercise". The list of allowable destinations/activities is so broad that convicting anyone for being in violation is going to be damn hard to do.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Page 11 of 113 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast