Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 113 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: PA Counties locked down

Quote Originally Posted by 57springer View Post
    So ,will a trip to a gunshop be considered essential travel . ? I have a gun coming in on sat. and planned on picking it up ?
    If any business is still open, what it offers is essential, and trips to obtain essential goods are permitted. That has not changed.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by GTRUCKER View Post
    Apparently shortly before this, a handful of counties were added to the so-called lockdown list that included Cameron and Forest counties. When I read that, I was trying to understand why he didnt just do all 67 then.
    I love small counties, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    If any business is still open, what it offers is essential, and trips to obtain essential goods are permitted. That has not changed.
    BULLSHIT!!!

I took an alternate route home today thru an industrial park and saw several businesses still open that can't , in any way , be considered essential.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    BULLSHIT!!!

I took an alternate route home today thru an industrial park and saw several businesses still open that can't , in any way , be considered essential.
    Good for them. Mass non compliance is what we need right now.

Repeat after me,

NO AMOUNT OF SAFETY IS WORTH SACRIFICING ANY AMOUNT OF FREEDOM!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Monroe County)

Tasks essential to maintain health and safety, or the health and safety of their family or household members (including pets), such as obtaining medicine or medical supplies, visiting a health care professional, or obtaining supplies they need to work from home
    Getting necessary services or supplies for themselves, for their family or household members, or as part of volunteer efforts, or to deliver those services or supplies to others to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences
    Engaging in outdoor activity, such as walking, hiking or running if they maintain social distancing
    To perform work providing essential products and services at a life-sustaining business
    To care for a family member or pet in another household
    Any travel related to the provision of or access to the above-mentioned individual activities or life-sustaining business activities
    Travel to care for elderly, minors, dependents, persons with disabilities, or other vulnerable persons
    Travel to or from educational institutions for purposes of receiving materials for distance learning, for receiving meals, and any other related services
    Travel to return to a place of residence from an outside jurisdiction
    Travel required by law enforcement or court order
    Travel required for non-residents to return to their place of residence outside the commonwealth
    Anyone performing life-sustaining travel does not need paperwork to prove the reason for travel.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    So you are at home because of "lack of work", not because of "the stay at home order".

I'm in the same boat. My manufacturing company has lots of inventory and dropping demand. We closed for two weeks even though we are "essential". I actually see it as a positive in my case. I've seen the business cycles at my employer long enough to know that shutdowns were on the horizon. The virus got my UC claim opened with the usual waiting week waived. I think I'll have additional weeks off later in the year, even when the virus "crisis" has mostly blown over, so any "extra" money from Uncle Sam will be laid back for that.
    I would say because of the stay at home order is the reason we have lack of work. I am glad that its going to work out for you . Do you see yourself getting called back anytime soon?

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    I would say because of the stay at home order is the reason we have lack of work. I am glad that its going to work out for you . Do you see yourself getting called back anytime soon?
    Yes. This is just a 2-week pause. I actually think we will be working overtime hours shortly after we return, but then will have additional short-term suspensions later in the year. My company does a decent job at balancing staffing and moving folks from slower production lines to those with more demand. It's been quite a while since there has been a "permanent separation" type layoff. Given my seniority, they would have to all but close down completely for me to be affected by one of those.

(Franklin County)

BULLSHIT!!!

Your opinion isn't the one that matters. Where do they fall on the "official" list?

Pretty much any type of distribution is still open. This makes sense to me, because they definitely need the freight lines in operation, and in order to do that, they need trucks to be full of freight so operations remain in the black. If we limited trucking to just food and medical supplies, we'd lose thousands of trucks in short order, and what will be a slow recovery would be even slower.

Ideally, they need to keep as much moving as possible, even if it's at a slower pace, so true necessities can move at all, and so recovery can happen as fast as possible.

PickingPA Guest

BULLSHIT!!!

Until it is actually enforced, many companies will continue to roll the dice. So far, only warnings have been issued, even though his original order threatened “teeth”

more time to reload, and count ammunition.
    Last edited by God's Country; April 1st, 2020 at 05:09 PM.

Page 14 of 113 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast