Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 108 of 113 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1125
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: PA Counties locked down

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    As predicted, the authoritarians in power, are addicted to control the lives of others.

Mask Mandates Return Amid COVID-19 Spike
    By Nicole Wells - 24 August 2023
    https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/co...24/id/1131940/

As I stated previously, it is NOT ONLY the government that needs to respect our INALIANABLE RIGHTS, but every person, business and societal organization in the United States (and the World). These rights are not granted by mankind, no matter what superior intelligence they claim, but are endowed by the Creator. They supercede all 'good intentions' that are claimed for all the bad actions perpetrated against others.

So if you owned a business, you'd allow antifa protesters to walk around inside your business spouting fascist propaganda (because, you know, rights)?

Sorry, but private property rights have weight, too.

Just don't comply. Or shop at night when the stores are closed. Or something else.
    FJB

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I think their research data compiled during the test run would show otherwise.

I truly hate to agree with this, but from my interactions with some family, friends and neighbors...I feel many would/will just comply. At the same time I have been hearing more people becoming more vocal about saying they will not be locked down again. Who knows? Unfortunately I think we are going to find out.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DRB View Post
    I truly hate to agree with this, but from my interactions with some family, friends and neighbors...I feel many would/will just comply. At the same time I have been hearing more people becoming more vocal about saying they will not be locked down again. Who knows? Unfortunately I think we are going to find out.
    That old saying that you can't fix stupid is presenting itself in real life, more and more all the time. Talk's cheap, most of the loudmouths who say that they won't comply are blowhards who will.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    That old saying that you can't fix stupid is presenting itself in real life, more and more all the time. Talk's cheap, most of the loudmouths who say that they won't comply are blowhards who will.
    I can't wait to not comply I live for not complying!

(York County)

Dr. Birx to Newsmax: 'We Don't Need to Mandate' Masks
    By Jim Thomas | Sunday, 03 September 2023 09:11 AM EDT
    https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/b...03/id/1133051/

Amid a resurgence in COVID-19 hospitalizations throughout the United States, numerous regions are now advocating for or even mandating the reintroduction of mask-wearing measures.

In response, Dr. Deborah Birx, former White House COVID-19 response coordinator, told Saturday's “The Count” with Lidia Curanaj on Newsmax, “Four years in, we don't need to mandate. We need to actually empower people with the information that they need for themselves and their families because every family is different. And by the way, outside is safe, and playgrounds are safe.”

Many places opted for masks. Morris Brown College in Atlanta imposed a two-week restriction on gatherings and mandated mask-wearing among students due to reported positive cases. Hollywood studio Lionsgate briefly enforced mask requirements on two of its five office floors.

Similarly, healthcare giant Kaiser Permanente reinstated mask mandates at its Santa Rosa, Calif., facilities following an increase in positive patient cases. New York state witnessed multiple hospital systems reintroducing mask mandates, including United Health Services, Auburn Community Hospital, and Upstate Medical (both university and community hospitals).

Meanwhile, Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, the largest employer in central New York, announced in mid-August a mandatory mask policy for all staff, visitors, and patients in clinical areas, effective for at least three weeks, according to NPR.

According to the latest data released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention earlier this month, COVID-19 hospitalizations nationwide witnessed a staggering surge, soaring by almost 19% within a week. Equally concerning, the same data revealed that COVID-19-related deaths escalated by more than 21% during the same period.

Birx has also expressed apprehension regarding the continued utilization of COVID-19 vaccines primarily developed based on earlier virus variants. She emphasized that current knowledge can identify the specific demographics requiring immunization.

“You know what is amazing to me is we work so hard to bring innovation. The American spirit of innovation and science and data and creating these great new vaccines which were made on an mRNA platform.”

“So, you could switch them out and make them quickly, and instead of doing that, we're basing vaccines on old variants rather than the new variants, and we know today exactly who needs to be immunized," she concluded.
    They Know - Yet, they lie & obfuscate to maintain Authoritarian Control.

By treating everyone as though they are 'The Most Vulnerable', the real most vulnerable do not get the attention they deserve. Fear Mongering Authoritarians expand their control by promoting a sense of doom & death, for something that most people can handle without panic.

(Bucks County)

"According to the latest data released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention earlier this month, COVID-19 hospitalizations nationwide witnessed a staggering surge, soaring by almost 19%"

Oh noes! Last week there were five cases, and this week there were six!
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post

Oh noes! Last week there were five cases, and this week there were six!
    Staggering, utterly staggering.

(York County)

Sen. Paul says Dr. Fauci's defense of masks is "subterfuge" in light of new study
    By Kerry Picket - The Washington Times - September 4, 2023
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-masks-subter/

Sen. Rand Paul and others are slamming former Director of the National Institute of Health Dr. Anthony Fauci after he defended the efficacy of masks on an individual basis over the weekend.

Their criticism comes as a resurgence of Covid is renewing the debate over masks.

"Fauci admits that masks don't work for the public at large but still absurdly claims masks work on an individual basis. More subterfuge," Mr. Paul, Kentucky Republican, posted Sunday on X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter.

The Washington Times reached out for comment to Georgetown University, where Dr. Fauci now serves as a professor at the School of Medicine and its McCourt School of Public Policy, but did not hear back.

Dr. Fauci appeared on CNN with Michael Smerconish Saturday, and was asked about a study published last month led by Oxford epidemiologist Tom Jefferson. It concluded the masks people wore during the COVID-19 pandemic, whether surgical, cloth or N95, made no difference in terms of protecting them from the virus.

Additionally, it said the non-randomized studies that initially convinced policymakers to impose mask mandates were flawed observational studies.

Dr. Fauci insisted that other mask studies focus on the individual level.

"When you're talking about the effect on the epidemic or the pandemic as a whole, the data are less strong," he said, "But when you talk about as an individual basis of someone protecting themselves, or protecting themselves from spreading it to others, there's no doubt that there are many studies that show that there is an advantage."

In March 2020, at the initial onset of the pandemic, Dr. Fauci said, "wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better," but "it's not providing the perfect protection that people think it is."

His statement then was consistent with what the Centers for Disease Control was saying and the World Health Organization's guidance.

Mask guidance which eventually became mandates throughout the pandemic switched its stances on their efficacy as the Biden administration began to require COVID-19 vaccine shots for federal workers.

State and local governments followed suit, forcing the private sector into both mandates.

States began to lift their mask mandates at the start of 2022 as the number of COVID-19 cases plummeted. By March of last year, airlines lifted their mask mandates and more recently, hospitals had lifted their mask mandates this past spring.

However, a new COVID-19 variant has some officials in some states, schools and facilities re-imposing mask mandates and social distancing protocols.

New York City Health Commissioner Dr. Ashwin Vasan recently cautioned that the Ba.2.86 variant is "likely to evade immunity that has developed from vaccination or prior infection."

Atlanta-based Morris Brown College, a historically Black university, implemented a two-week mask mandate and re-imposed social distancing when "reports of positive cases among students" came to light.

Kaiser Permanente, a California-based healthcare facility, brought back its mask mandate to its facilities in Santa Rosa "amid an uptick in patients testing positive."

And in New York, several hospitals also reinstated mask mandates at Auburn Community Hospital, United Health Services and University Hospital in Syracuse.
    On this issue, Senator Paul has been a real asset to the American People.

(Montgomery County)

Didn't mask up last time had covid twice no friggin vax last time and see no reason to do anything different.

Page 108 of 113 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast