Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default PPE - Personel Protective Equipment

A good amount of the general PPE I had on hand for home projects could come in useful now. If you don't already have some once stock comes back up get some.

3M N95 Masks - I used these when I was doing any job that created lots of dust. Sometimes for yard work when my hay-fever is bad.

Nitrile Gloves - All kinds of uses when you don't want to get dirt, chemicals, etc on your hands. Or keep your own oily hands off what you are working on. I will wear them under Mechanix gloves as well. I use 5mil textured gloves.

Tyvek suit. - I have one int the car in case I need to do some road side repairs in bad weather and a couple at home. Only time I really needed one so far was working in the attic around all the insulation. Also wore the N95 mask, gloves, and eye protection. This was the only time I wish I had a full face respirator. I might just buy the $150 bullet and get one. Once stock is available again.

Most of us probably have ear and eye protection for shooting. If not. Seriously go get some.

I've been using the gloves whenever I go out to get something before I leave the car then taking them off and into themselves before I get back in. Then I hit my hands with sanitizer and wipe down the most contacted areas in the car with Clorox wipes.

The 3M masks and Tyvek suit are just in case right now.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Default Re: PPE - Personel Protective Equipment

The hospital I work at issued us plastic protective glasses that resemble the ones i wear at the range.

Being that my hands are cracked and dry in late march from all the hand washing, I wear a pair of latex gloves when i run which keeps the moisture in to prevent dry skin. They also worked well for me in the winter with small pocket guns at an outdoor range, when bulky gloves dont fit in the trigger guardm

Due to working in a hospital, i have been getting into the habit or keeping my workshoes on the porch and changing out of my work clothes in the basement.

Are there any other alternative to n95 masks that aren’t sold out everywhere. I don’t mind buying them if I can find them on the shelf somewhere but I’d prefer something washable/reusable

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Probably not, because the n95 masks prevent virus penetration, whereas regular surgical masks can not do that.
    I do not know how well the industrial n95 masks fare after cleanings.

(Clinton County)

Sounds like BSI not PPE.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Lancaster County)

Do a quick google on diy facemasks from hepa filters.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

After H1N1, I stocked up on all sort of PPE such as tyvec suits, appropriate face/eye protection, masks, gloves, cleaners, sanitizers, etc etc etc, including materials for making a "decon" room.

I recently sent my Mother and Sister 90% of my mask stash though because their hospital was not as prepared.

ETA The 3M 1870s made up the bulk of my stash. Before all of this, they were relatively cheap for a box of 20 on Amazon.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-...4348458&rt=rud
    Last edited by Justin///M; March 31st, 2020 at 08:31 AM.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Bucks County)

Yeah my sister is a nurse in a hospital in Philly and I just dropped off some homemade masks for her sewn by friends from church because as of right now she is given one mask per 4 shifts worked and expected to keep it going - and it's only a surgical mask, not N95 even. The hospitals were woefully under-prepared and I think after this emergency is under control more than a few industries need to look at how poorly just-in-time delivery models preform in times like these.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    After H1N1, I stocked up on all sort of PPE such as tyvec suits, appropriate face/eye protection, masks, gloves, cleaners, sanitizers, etc etc etc, including materials for making a "decon" room.

I recently sent my Mother and Sister 90% of my mask stash though because their hospital was not as prepared.]