Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: Out of Work? What Can you Do. Want to help? What do you need done?

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    wife satisfaction.
    I'll put her to sleep.

pm me
    Permanently ?

Asking for a friend.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Bucks County)

Everybody is going through hard times right now, and more than ever, we should be focusing on helping one another. This might help you, or people you know, especially if you're dealing with layoffs or forced shutdowns of your business/employer.

A couple of months ago, I published a book called "Now, Not Later: Make More Money Immediately." I wrote it to help people who want to supplement their income right now, without a lot of risk or capital -- for example, starting "side hustles." If you're not up on the lingo "the kids are using," ha ha, a side hustle is just a second (or third, or fourth) job that brings in some extra income. That's what people are talking about when they refer to the "gig economy."

It seems to me that now, more than ever, people are hurting. They're anxious. They need to find ways to bring in some money, even if it's to supplement what they've got coming in (and if you're making money but it's been squeezed, you're an excellent candidate for a side job). If you're worried about money, but you don't know how to start, drop me a private message with your address. I'll mail you a copy of the book for free. I can do this until I run out of my copies, and I'll take care of the postage.

Thanks, everybody. Please, see if you can find somebody to help today. If we all focus on helping each other, we're all going to get through this a lot easier than we might otherwise.

PS - It's on Amazon so you can learn the details in the description if you want to know more about what's in it.

(Lancaster County)

A service that I'll be able to offer soon is building custom battery packs or rebuilding existing packs. I finally ordered a battery spot welder. When it arrives I'll order some battery cells and heatshrink. I got tired of the assraping and pisspoor work done at the battery shops.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

While out making my regular rounds I have come to see the value of buying bulk items. i e Cooper sharp cheese is $4/lb for a 5 lb block at the farmer's market, Trenton pork roll is $4/lb for a 6 lb log at BJ's and turkey breast for $4.99/lb for about a 3 lb breast at Costco. Bacon bought by the slab is also cheaper at your local butcher and I'd even be willing to sell some of my home made for a reasonable price as long as you don't call the USDA or the FDA on me. I have a commercial grade slicer and can slice stuff any way you want. I have no need for any of those items in those quantities and would gladly go in on them with anyone who wanted.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    While out making my regular rounds I have come to see the value of buying bulk items. i e Cooper sharp cheese is $4/lb for a 5 lb block at the farmer's market, Trenton pork roll is $4/lb for a 6 lb log at BJ's and turkey breast for $4.99/lb for about a 3 lb breast at Costco. Bacon bought by the slab is also cheaper at your local butcher and I'd even be willing to sell some of my home made for a reasonable price as long as you don't call the USDA or the FDA on me. I have a commercial grade slicer and can slice stuff any way you want. I have no need for any of those items in those quantities and would gladly go in on them with anyone who wanted.
    Local grocery...Hatfield whole smoked hams.. $1.99 per pound. I too have a slicer, but am running out of freezer and fridge space...just sayin'...
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
    Local grocery...Hatfield whole smoked hams.. $1.99 per pound. I too have a slicer, but am running out of freezer and fridge space...just sayin'...
    I don't think i could get anything more in my freezer. Just wish I bought more booze before the state stores closed.
    Anyone have an extra 1/2 gallon of Capt. Morgan?
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    I don't think i could get anything more in my freezer. Just wish I bought more booze before the state stores closed.
    Anyone have an extra 1/2 gallon of Capt. Morgan?
    Nope, it's time to go lootin'.

(Montgomery County)

Great thread idea free. I'm offering my services for anyone that needs any automotive accessories to buy or install. I have over 30 years of experience installing any automotive electronics. Remote starts, alarms, radios, speakers and amps. Very reasonable prices and am more doing this to kill the boredom. I'll travel within an hour of the Philadelphia area.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GTI19403 View Post
    Great thread idea free. I'm offering my services for anyone that needs any automotive accessories to buy or install. I have over 30 years of experience installing any automotive electronics. Remote starts, alarms, radios, speakers and amps. Very reasonable prices and am more doing this to kill the boredom. I'll travel within an hour of the Philadelphia area.
    I'll take you up on that one. It's been about two years but we did touch on it. I have a '99 F-250 with an alarm/remote start that crapped out. You indicated that you might be able fix it. IIRC it's a compustar.

(Chester County)

Commercial building engineer here. I still am employed but on a modified schedule where i am off 7 days in a row. A nice percent of my income will be temporarily cut as all of my overtime is basically gone, although thankfully I will still receive my full base salary for the time being.

With that in mind I am aware there are those currently within the trades that will be better helped by your buisness than I. Many have no source of income right now and anyone considering me should choose them before me if possible.

I have a little more than 10 years in the electrical, plumbing, and hvac trades. Mainly commercial experience but can quickly and correctly do any light fixture replacements/ additions, ceiling fans, outlets, light switches, breakers, electrical troubleshooting issues etc. Plumbing wise I can do toilet repairs/ installs, faucet repairs/ installs, shower faucets, garbage disposals, leaking or older corroded pipe replacements etc.

More than likely if you have any kind or electrical or plumbing issue in your house I can fix it. I will tell you honestly if the project is something I'm not comfortable with and decline. My rate can be either hourly or by the job. Just looking to stay busy during my time off and offset some of my lost income if possible.

I am willing to travel up to an hour from Malvern PA. PM me for more info/ contact info.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast