Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Terrible Gun Choices In Shows

Come on, there's Nazi in it now. Nazis make any show better.

I think the main reason for the PX4 and the PS90s are that it's supposed to take place in the future, and those are more futuristic looking guns.

Not sure why a high speed/low drag security operator would rock a cross draw instead of a drop-leg.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Come on, there's Nazi in it now. Nazis make any show better.

I think the main reason for the PX4 and the PS90s are that it's supposed to take place in the future, and those are more futuristic looking guns.

Not sure why a high speed/low drag security operator would rock a cross draw instead of a drop-leg.
    Have you seen Overlord? Funny thing about Nazis is that they seem to have zero situational awareness and no peripheral vision. People sneak past them so fucking easily in that episode and in Overlord! Come on though with that name too. War world? I could see that being a revenge fantasy vacation spot for some Jewish folks but if I were going to a war simulation, I'd want a future war! One with laser rockets! My wife chose the civil war for her war simulation so she could use a bayonet.

Dude, I love drop-leg holsters! I use one for my M9A1 and wear it at the range every time I go. It started as a convenience thing because I was having a hard time finding a kydex holster that would fit it with the Olight PL2 on there but I love that thing.

(Bucks County)

A dropleg holster works so well for one reason. God Almighty and Sam Colt got together for a beer (Sam brought it) and a little weed ( right out of His garden) and some plinking. Sam noticed that God wore His holster down low on His hip . God said,It’s right there at the end of yer arm.” Yes, boys and girls, The Lord speaks with a Texas drawl.
    When Sam Colt got back to his shop, he came up with the Peacemaker! And the rest is history.
    True story. Written while sitting on the can trying to rid myself of a bad WaWa breakfast burrito.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    A dropleg holster works so well for one reason. God Almighty and Sam Colt got together for a beer (Sam brought it) and a little weed ( right out of His garden) and some plinking. Sam noticed that God wore His holster down low on His hip . God said,It’s right there at the end of yer arm.” Yes, boys and girls, The Lord speaks with a Texas drawl.
    When Sam Colt got back to his shop, he came up with the Peacemaker! And the rest is history.
    True story. Written while sitting on the can trying to rid myself of a bad WaWa breakfast burrito.
    Wash your hands twice.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    We're 2 episodes in and it's total shit . . .

. . . Yeah, except this guy has spent no time sitting down in the episodes I've watched. I'm not arguing the validity of cross draw for ease of use when sitting, I'm saying that this guy is walking around the entire time he's on screen not sitting.

Well, it's Hollywood, so . . .

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Now that I carry a full sized pistol all of the time I just toss it up on the dashboard. No sense trying to draw that pistol from OWB sitting down. Looks cool from outside of the vehicle too. Seriously though I'm looking for a solution for my Grand Marquis. The pick up is easy, all of my holsters fit into the center console when I'm in the vehicle. I do have a Safariland GLS 579 holster and I'm looking at the MLS snap in mountings they make. Put a receiver on the car where I can easily reach it while sitting and a belt with the receiver so I can remove it from the car without taking the pistol out of the holster and snap it onto the belt. I have to sit in the car and see where I can bolt the receiver to. In the development stage right now.

This system is great and can be used anywhere. I have one to set up on a duty/battle belt rig and it drops it a small amount like a true drop leg holster unlike those sloppy cheap Han Solo tactical operator rigs you can get for $30.00 off EBay.

(Washington County)

I occasionally do consulting work for films and this one scene in the movie "The Chop" the bad guys walk into a strip joint to go on a killing spree and about halfway into the room the guy charges his AK-47 to load a round, so I talk to the director, "The guy would already have his weapon loaded before he walked into the building, he doesn't know when shit is going to start happening, it's unrealistic."

Director replied something like, "It's cool to seeing him to loading the gun in the room, audiences don't care."

"Ok"
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    My wife watches westworld for some reason and there's this guy who carries a subcompact Beretta PX4 in a cross draw OWB holster .
    Bill Jordan writing in No Second Place Winner says a crossdraw holster is more convenient for your opponent that you.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    IDirector replied something like, "It's cool to seeing him to loading the gun in the room, audiences don't care."
    Truth is, the audience doesn't care one way or the other. It's the director that cares, and most of them are self absorbed assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    I occasionally do consulting work for films and this one scene in the movie "The Chop" the bad guys walk into a strip joint to go on a killing spree and about halfway into the room the guy charges his AK-47 to load a round, so I talk to the director, "The guy would already have his weapon loaded before he walked into the building, he doesn't know when shit is going to start happening, it's unrealistic."

Director replied something like, "It's cool to seeing him to loading the gun in the room, audiences don't care."

"Ok"
    A lot of Glock's get thumb-cocked on TV too.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast