Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barter Items

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Barter Items

there is a large number of books regarding prepping for a financial collapse. Two that I have read that had at least a modicum of decent advice, along with a lot of stuff needing grains of salt, are: stock picker Porter Stansbury's The American Jubilee - written more like a warning not to vote for Elizabeth Warren and what to do in case she comes to power - and the more historical first-hand description by Fernando Aguirre of life in Argentina during the 2001 economic collapse: The Modern Survival Manual, Surviving the Economic Collapse. These should not be treated as prepper bibles, but do have some interesting suggestions and insights. One, on the use of gold to buy food when money is worthless is to use gold chains rather than gold coins. Gold coins attract attention by their high value, the chain can be cut to trade lengths that may attract less attention from those who would follow you home.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Cumberland County)

I bought a Henry Golden Boy for my son back in February. He is a little young but they remind me of the lever action .22 I shot when I was a kid and because I wanted to be able to plink when I go camping up in northern PA on my parents land. When things started looking a bit uneasy I ordered a 5000 round brick of .22 ammo thinking that would help me prepare in case it got worse. After reading that link about what items I should have I did a quick assessment of what else I have on hand and decided I wasn’t prepared enough so I ordered two different kinds of duct tape and some more contractor bags. I am going to rearrange a poorly used cabinet so I can better organize my emergency preparedness materials.

(Cumberland County)

Also, anyone that feels like they missed out on the hard liquor run or feels like they need alcohol as sanitization for an emergency situation should still be able to get it direct from the PA distillers that are still operational.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12