Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Those of us who still have to work

Quote Originally Posted by WoollyPullover View Post
    +1 AR pistol

While an AR pistol is better than nothing, I'd rather have both my AR rifle and pistol.

... and I do have to work (exempt).
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Allegheny County)

I would focus on what you need to get home without your vehicle. 35 miles is a pretty good hike for most people. Walking shoes and appropriate outerwear. A suit and florscheim shoes probably isn't the best gear.

If you have a suv or truck throw your bicycle in the back.

Firepower, while comforting, probably wouldn't even come into play on your hike home.

(Bucks County)

We got issued ‘The Letter’ yesterday. It seems corporate believes roadblocks are coming. Some of the guys out in the Midwest are requesting hazard duty pay. Hell, I work in Camden, Chester, Philthy, Trenton, DC, Baltimore, Newark, NYC, Central Islip and a bunch more dangerous places, alone and unarmed.
    I’m not allowed to have a gun in the truck, but nowhere does it say I cannot have gun parts in my truck. If the day turns ugly, I’m fairly certain I can ‘find’ a loaded firearm in a few short seconds.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I'm pretty lucky. I work for a large medical manufacturer. I live 5 miles from work, outside of the city. I can do 90% of my job from home, just popping into the office occasionally.

I spoke with a supplier near Rochester NY on Friday. They make sheet metal parts for us. My contact there said that my company had an hours-long meeting with another division of my company the other day on business continuity, stressing the importance of the products their parts go into. Apparently that division makes a diagnostic platform for virus testing. Our supplier is now notifying all of their suppliers. They've also contacted their NY state rep and forwarded the letter that my company gave them, to make sure the state doesn't shut them down.

One problem is that the supply chain is such an infinite web that there are plenty of companies that don't know that their parts or materials wind up in critical medical products. Plus, we get a small number of key components from China, primarily PC-based control panels. It's only a matter of time before our lines shut down.

(Delaware County)

I've also been issued an official company letter indicating I'm essential personnel exempt from curfews, shelter-in-place edicts and so on. Funny thing is, I signed for the letter but the letter itself isn't personalized. Supposed to show it with company ID if my commute is interrupted by government storm troopers.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

I am a trucker and essential as all get out. I was going to take the summer off this year, but I just might hang on to see how this all plays out.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Washington County)

I'm getting inferiority complex from everybody talking about being essential. I'm a construction worker, deemed unnecessary and forbidden from working.

It sucks being stuck at home all day, doing housework while my wife works extra hours, even though her wages can't pay our bills, no matter how much she works.

I heard people were supposed to be getting laid more due to the quarantine; right now I'm listening to my wife snoring. She crashed around 8. I'm watching Seinfeld re-runs and wishing I had stocked up on bourbon instead of canned goods.

Just giving you essential workers a glimpse at the other side of the coin.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    I'm getting inferiority complex from everybody talking about being essential. I'm a construction worker, deemed unnecessary and forbidden from working.

It sucks being stuck at home all day, doing housework while my wife works extra hours, even though her wages can't pay our bills, no matter how much she works.

I heard people were supposed to be getting laid more due to the quarantine; right now I'm listening to my wife snoring. She crashed around 8. I'm watching Seinfeld re-runs and wishing I had stocked up on bourbon instead of canned goods.

You'll all be getting overtime in a few weeks to get your projects back on track.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post

You could always get a job at a beer distributor since they are clearly a "life sustaining" business.

That right there makes that entire "list" a joke. "Life sustaining"? I mean, it wouldn't even qualify if the terminology were changed to "essential".
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    You'll all be getting overtime in a few weeks to get your projects back on track.
    That could be true, but I've got doubts that this will all be over in a few weeks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast