Quote Originally Posted by Bug44 View Post
Chirp is goofy on my comp but I figured it out... I can't save any files however I can program the radios. So what I do is when I get a new uv-5r I clone the frequencies off one radio and upload them in the new one... I can add new frequencies at this time. I can also name them. So if you already have one UV5R. Make that your master radio with the desired frequencies. Clone that radio with chirp. Add any new frequencies to the list and make the new radio the master radio that you then clone from.

I also have a few whip antenna on a couple of radios. It def helps with picking up signal. I also have one extra large battery on one. I have a cigarette charger charging stand so if the grid drops out I can charge in a car. And I have a small solar battery bank with usb capabilities. I bought a USB cord that plugs into the charging stand for the radios. So I have multiple ways to charge the radios...

I have my tech license but 99% of the time I just listen to the county dispatch or the closest repeater. I hardly ever talk on it. It's mostly 3-4 guy that talk on the repeaters and all they talk about is cutting grass and the weather... So I don't chime in on those riveting conversations...
I don't understand not being able to save the file, I never encountered that on anything, ever. Save it as an image (don't ask me why, my mentor showed me that) and save it a second time somewhere else. When I upgraded the CHIRP software it deleted my file and I had to re-copy it off of my radio.