Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Baofeng UV5army

(Berks County)

Default Re: Baofeng UV5army

I doubt that you'll find that, you need to go with what's close to you. You can pick your county(s) out of this page then your towns and the repeaters. If you want to use the radio your going to have to learn a little.

https://repeaterbook.com/repeaters/i...hp?state_id=42
    His name was Duncan Lemp

(Allegheny County)

I tried using that site before I posted but I just got some ads I couldn’t seem to punch through. I’ll try again later if I get around to it.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    Hardware questions (UV-5R...)

Is there a practical way to program or modify the programming of the saved channels without a computer?
    For Instance: I have many area repeaters programmed in for scanning. One in particular just gets a lot of static inside my house. If I go to the park, it is clear.
    Is there a way to manually set that channel to Skip in the scanning sequence, without using my computer.

Second, can you add a brand new channel/frequency to the scanning list. For instance, I learn of a new repeater or frequency that I want to monitor, but I do not have my computer available.
    you can do it with the menu and keypad, It's not convenient, and is more complicated than doing it via computer. Every radio operator should know how to add repeaters to their radios "on the fly". In the menu options when you are on the memory you wish to change, one of the menu items is "Skip".

(Bucks County)

Ordered my UV-5R Plus today. $30 including the programming cable and shipping. Says it will be here on the 9th, but they are only shipping from NJ, so I expect it will likely be sooner.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456