Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Modern Munitions- So far, a hassle with transfer- will update if that changes

Yeah, you got BS'd. I doubt very much if any Staties came to his shop. I work in a SEPA gunshop and we were open all day Saturday, and were running PICS checks until at least 5pm. We didn't get the final word to close until last night (Sunday).
    I know that Wolf's decree is being appealed and a number of states (including IL and CT!!!) are specifically exempting gunshops from mandatory closures.
    Time will tell.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Modern Munitions- So far, a hassle with transfer- will update if that changes

If any of you still think any of this BS has anything to do with a flu virus I have some land in Florida to sell you.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Update 3/25/20: I called the owner yesterday evening to see if he was aware that the governor now included provisions for FFL's to stay open. He was not aware, and said he'd look into it. He then said even if that's the case, he's not sure if he's going to resume doing transfers yet, if at all this week, and not sure his employees or himself "want a thousand people coming through" right now, which is understandable. He seemed to indicate he's not as interested in that part of business right now and mentioned something about "I'd rather have my employees back in here making ammunition".
    He also said, and I quote, "I'm not sure why people think they NEED to have their gun right away. I've had people show up literally right after their gun gets here expecting it to be transferred."
    I explained that's not the case, I ordered this before the pandemic hit, and it was unfortunate that it arrived a week ago when it did, and that I did not expect to get it immediately but rather wanted to have some sort of plan, at least, for how I could come and pick it up as I have a lot of money into it and about $700 worth of parts for it sitting in my house not being used. He doesn't seem to have a plan right now. I also asked him, if he's not willing to do the transfer right now, if he'd be willing to ship to another FFL who would, and he said "I guess so, but I don't think too many of them are going to want to do it either."

So I'm still kind of stuck, even though the governor lifted the ban. I do understand him wanting to limit people in and out, but it's bullshit if he wants to require all his employees to be there manufacturing for him, and then not allowing people who've already paid for stuff to come complete transfers on at least an appointment based basis.
    Genesis 27:3
    Support Your Local Hawaiian Shirt Enthusiasts

(Lehigh County)

Unhappy Re: Modern Munitions- So far, a hassle with transfer- will update if that changes

Live and learn
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]129941[/img]

yeah, most likely will never do business with him again

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mccula View Post
    yeah, most likely will never do business with him again
    Yeah, it sux that he apparently not willing to work with you.

UPDATE:
    They called me today, and are scheduling appointments to come and get transfers done. I made an appointment for tomorrow, so I'll update again if everything actually goes right.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by mccula View Post
    UPDATE:
    They called me today, and are scheduling appointments to come and get transfers done. I made an appointment for tomorrow, so I'll update again if everything actually goes right.
    I was going to say that if he looked into the details, he would know his fears were unwarranted. The limited transactions that are now permitted must be done "by appointment only", and even if that wasn't required, he could certainly implement that policy himself.

This sounds like a guy that doesn't want to be in the business of dealing directly with customers in the first place.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I was going to say that if he looked into the details, he would know his fears were unwarranted. The limited transactions that are now permitted must be done "by appointment only", and even if that wasn't required, he could certainly implement that policy himself.

This sounds like a guy that doesn't want to be in the business of dealing directly with customers in the first place.
    You're absolutely right. Even before all this started, all of my interactions with this guy in the past had been fairly negative. I have a friend that called him about an hour before he was scheduled to close one time. He wanted to buy 3,000 rounds of various ammo. The guy said "you want to come in now and get that? I'm about to go home" with an attitude. My friend then went elsewhere to buy the ammo and never shopped there again.

(Bucks County)

I've never heard of this place....now glad I did.

av...oid.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast