Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Coronavirus Gun Control: Philly Police Halt Concealed Permit Issuance

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Correct, but for that the start the application has to be submitted. As the unit is illegally shut down that might be hard. It of course, does not impact processing the applications already submitted.

At this point I might suggest a Courier delivering a certified letter.

It is worth noting that this is supposed to last at a minimum 12 weeks by all reports and up to two years Dash it is unreasonable to close any essential government service such as the issuing of license to carry firearms.

I would submit that any government service that can be shut down is nonessential and therefore unconstitutional
    I stand by the fact if the dept itself is open .... It should be open not part of it.

(Juniata County)

Default Re: Coronavirus Gun Control: Philly Police Halt Concealed Permit Issuance

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    I stand by the fact if the dept itself is open .... It should be open not part of it.

Fair enough, and with no disrespect to Carson, but given who they have as a DA, I’m not really sure why the tax payers of Philly are being burdened with a police force. It isn’t like criminals are going to be held to account regardless of what police work is done.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Fair enough, and with no disrespect to Carson, but given who they have as a DA, I’m not really sure why the tax payers of Philly are being burdened with a police force. It isn’t like criminals are going to be held to account regardless of what police work is done.
    Good point.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Delaware County)

Mail the application directly to the police commissioner (registered, return receipt).. maybe even have a witness swear an affidavit that he saw you (or video tape) seal the application in the envelop, and give it to the postman.

You will then “have made application to sheriff (CoP in Philadelphia)” in accordance with state law.

The point of my saying to do this isn’t to suggest Philadelphia would honor such an application, but to establish that you have met the state law requirement of “making application to the ...CoP”, and to establish standing to sue to compel issuance of the permit..

They have 45 days from the application to conduct a background check, and (unless you’re disqualified) issue the permit.. that 45 days doesn’t start until you make application.. if they can prevent you from making application, they can skirt the law.. that’s why I’m saying “make application” directly to the CoP in strict adherence with state law..

At worst, it couldn't hurt..

Maybe gunlawyer001 could comment on this..

(Montgomery County)

For what it's worth, the Montgomery County's Sheriff's office stopped accepting emailed LTCF applications and mailed applications.
    from https://montcopa.org/401/Gun-Permits
    PERMIT ALERTs: COVID-19 Updates

As of April 2, 2020, the MCSO will not be accepting applications for gun permits by e-mail until further notice:

In response to governmental directives to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office suspended gun permit processing at the Montgomery County Courthouse on March 16, 2020 and began accepting LTC applications exclusively via e-mail.

Those who submitted their applications on or after March 16 were sent a response with a date — 30 days after the application was received — to come to the court house for processing.

However, due to extended stay-at-home guidelines issued by state, local and national authorities, the gun permit/special services division will continue to suspend in-person permit processing past the dates provided.

Because applications could likely go forty-five days without processing and have to run through the system again before permits can be issued, the MCSO is will no longer be accepting e-mailed gun permit applications until a firm date for the resumption of normal courthouse functions has been set.

We are currently working with the Pennsylvania Sheriff’s Association to extend statutory deadlines and may also implement extended gun permit/special services hours — including Saturdays — to stem the backlog of applications once things return to normal.

We acknowledge the inconvenience of this temporary change in policy presents and appreciate your continued cooperation.

(Franklin County)

To my knowledge, there are at least 22 counties that have limited or suspended their LTCF process in some way, using COVID as the excuse. I have no doubt there are more that I'm simply unaware of.

List here:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Bucks County)

Mine renews next year. At this point I should submit the application now in hope they get around to it....next year

(Franklin County)

This is all a good opportunity to push for constitutional carry in PA.
    Sheriff departments and county governments have made the need for constitutional carry pretty clear. This is an opportunity to show LTCF issuance is the first thing to be effected during any situation such as this.
    The Hostler

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    Mine renews next year. At this point I should submit the application now in hope they get around to it....next year
    Some sheriffs will not allow you to submit a renewal until you are within 60 days of expiration.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    This is all a good opportunity to push for constitutional carry in PA.
    Sheriff departments and county governments have made the need for constitutional carry pretty clear. This is an opportunity to show LTCF issuance is the first thing to be effected during any situation such as this.
    Unless/until 6107 is taken off the books, making a LTCF optional for "everyday" carry will be irrelevant. If I had to chose just one, I'd get rid of 6107, because at least then, *some* options for unlicensed carry would remain legal all of the time - even if that meant it had to be a rifle or shotgun.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast