Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Bill to Ban Direct Internet Sale of Ammo to PA

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post
    Committee chairman said it’ll never see the light of day.
    Rob's Rules of Order! I like this guy. Kauffman shut down the Democrats' and Senate RINO Lisa Baker's big gun control push last year.

(Chester County)

Too effing late for him to stop the shipment I received today. When the lead stats flyin' made he can catch a few pieces thrown his way from someone up that way.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

Got my ammo today from SG. Ordered 3/13 just before they stopped taking new orders for now.

Quote Originally Posted by WillyK View Post
    Pa Republican party needs to drop any and all support for Rep. Tom Murt, R-Montgomery.
    I get requests from the PA Republican Party for donations. I am holding off for the time being. Will support individual candidates but am reluctant to send money to the State machine, and RINOs like Murt and RINO Senator Lisa Baker from Wayne County is another. The GOP has to get its house in order. We have stalwarts like Rob Kauffman, but we have plenty of Murts and Bakers too.

Wolf has been relentless in his attacks on the Second Amendment. He has abused his power as Governor to support local governments in criminal violations of the preemption statutes. He colluded in and unseemly way with the PA State Police in banning the 80% lowers, bypassing the legislative process and revealing the State Police to be a partisan tool of the Democrat Party. I have no faith in the State Police to enforce any law fairly and that they allowed themselves to be so used shows a dangerous lack of political independence and integrity. Of course, we had the gun shop ban, just reversed. It took private citizens to challenge that lawlessness -- the politicians just seem to sit back and let it all happen. The Democrats and Wolf are not restrained by the law.

Our rights never been as near to loss as they are now, and having the GOP support Republicans that join Democrats in attacking those rights is not a winning argument for anyone seeking a contribution from me.

(Bucks County)

This just popped up in my email. Knew it was worth sharing.

unnamed.jpg

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman View Post
    Apparently this is his finale and he isn't seeking re-election? You can't trust Republican or Democrat. They will always try to sneak their true beliefs onto the people when they don't need to fear for re-election. Don't just look and see an R next to someones name and assume they are pro-gun. They can have control of a state for years and never once act to protect or expand our rights. Look at Virginia. They'll do nothing when in power for years, and then roll over when others get in power. Or even worse they'll be like this guy and not even wait for D's to get in power.
    I think most politicians have no clue about firearms or the shooting sports and refrain from pushing bills like this because they know it is a 3rd rail and will hurt them politically. But when that risk goes away, they push these things because it seems like "common sense" and "Law Enforcement sponsored". I know many people who are republican and have no clue until you educate them.

(Pike County)

I actually contacted Tom's office and he called me back. Not the standard automatic response you expect from elected official, but personally. I wasn't able to pick up and he left a message, saying, that lots of bullshit was included into the bill by other parties and this is not what he intended. I still have to call him back and ask, why do we need ANY gun control bill, however I will give him kudos on prompt personal response and backing off when he was clearly in his wrong.

I'm in the boonies now and my connection sucks, but I will call him back at certain point and ask. Will keep yinz posted.
    Je suis déplorable

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorwash View Post
    I think most politicians have no clue about firearms or the shooting sports and refrain from pushing bills like this because they know it is a 3rd rail and will hurt them politically. But when that risk goes away, they push these things because it seems like "common sense" and "Law Enforcement sponsored". I know many people who are republican and have no clue until you educate them.
    He was an army officer and I know too many of them share LEO mentality - only police and army should be allowed to have guns.
    Je suis déplorable

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234