Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meds

(Northampton County)

Default Meds

My wife and I happen to be a recipients of stents for a few years now and with them comes certain meds we need to take, while at the drs office last week I needed to get some scripts refills, usually a 90 day supply. When I asked to have more than a 90 day supply because of the corvid pandemic , the nice lady wrote me and my wife a 12 month supply.Wife went to cvs and they filled them all at once. that has me wondering on what else we should pick up before the pandemic shuts it all down. Mabey its time to order some supplies from Thomas labs and alike? fish mox, fish amp, that kind of thing. just curios if I am the only one thinking like this.
    thanks
    75/15/10

Default Re: Meds

I hope the chinese dont make my meds.
    I'm thinking antibiotics.

(Lehigh County)

My wife's doctor is offering to assist in getting patients six months worth of medications, just in case...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Perry County)

When the panic was just a low simmer, I got off my ass and ordered fish antibiotics. They were getting harder to get a few days ago, it may be worse now. It's likely not a problem unless the Chinese cut us off. But that may well happen.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Berks County)

I saw you posting about them but what's the deal on fish antibiotics, are they the same as human antibiotics?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I saw you posting about them but what's the deal on fish antibiotics, are they the same as human antibiotics?
    quite a few meds that are prescribed for pets/animals come from the same pharmacy that human drugs are prescribed from
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

(Perry County)

https://survivalistprepper.net/prepp...h-antibiotics/
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Berks County)

Thanks, that was interesting. I'm surprised I hadn't heard of it before.

(Juniata County)

Fish, are delicate. Their antibiotics are always the same or higher purity then human antibiotics.

Antibiotics for other animals are often, but not always the same ones given to people. Thus, for peace of mind, fish antibioticss are always the safest choice. In an emergency, when there is a breakdown of the rule of law, and our county effectively no longer exists.

We all know that would never happen, and no one here would ever advocate keeping fish antibiotics on hand for human use without a rx, because that would be an illegal, off label use.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Fish, are delicate. Their antibiotics are always the same or higher purity then human antibiotics.

Antibiotics for other animals are often, but not always the same ones given to people. Thus, for peace of mind, fish antibioticss are always the safest choice. In an emergency, when there is a breakdown of the rule of law, and our county effectively no longer exists.

We all know that would never happen, and no one here would ever advocate keeping fish antibiotics on hand for human use without a rx, because that would be an illegal, off label use.
    Thanks, I know that there are a lot of things in the world that have multiple uses and can be overpriced or not available in some situations. Like the hydrogen peroxide that was posted somewhere around here at an outrageous price because it was listed for veterinary use. The same is the case with pool chemicals and stuff for boats and airplanes that can be found at different places for much less. Drugs for human consumption are not one of the things I would have considered though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast