Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Holster options for a CZ Shadow 2

Quote Originally Posted by smoke-wagon View Post
    If you want any kydex I’m bending in south philly

Attachment 129401
    Thank you for the offer, your work looks pretty good! I'll let you know if I decide to try kydex in the future.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    I looked at their offerings, they don't list the Shadow 2 for the pancake style holster w/thumb break that I would like. I appreciate the recommendation, though!
    If Simply Rugged doesn't show a holster for a gun you have on the website you can call them and tell them what you have and Rob will get it made. I've known Rob for a number of years now and the holster he made for my SP01 Tactical was the first he made for that model and it came out great.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    If Simply Rugged doesn't show a holster for a gun you have on the website you can call them and tell them what you have and Rob will get it made. I've known Rob for a number of years now and the holster he made for my SP01 Tactical was the first he made for that model and it came out great.
    I will keep that in mind for the future, or if I don't like how the falco turns out. Looks like the Simply Rugged option would be roughly twice the money as well.

(Philadelphia County)

Thank you for the offer, your work looks pretty good! I'll let you know if I decide to try kydex in the future.
    Thanks! I know kydex isn’t for everyone but I figured I’d ask
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Lehigh County)

Got the Falco holster in, and it is friggin tight. When it showed up on Friday, I could not get the gun in the holster if it was on my belt at all. I had to shove the gun into it when off the belt, then thread the belt through the rig and my pants belt loops . And once cinched up, I could not draw it at all. Stuck in there really hard. I had to wiggle it using a lot of force for about 30 seconds before it would finally start to slide out.

Now I've been wearing it around the house for about 12 hours and drawing/re-holstering slowly and carefully, now it only takes a few nudges to get it drawn in a hurry. Still takes about 10 seconds to get it re-holstered, because the front of the Shadow 2's trigger guard is serrated, which causes it to hang up on the edge of leather. Not sure how I'm gonna fix that. Also the rear belt slot flap is awkwardly high and too close to the grip for me to freely grasp the grip of the pistol. This may alleviate with time as the flap flexes more toward my body with wear. But right now it significantly slows my draw. If it doesn't become noticeably better in a week or two of around-the-house carry I'll need to consider other options.

(Philadelphia County)

Got the Falco holster in, and it is friggin tight. When it showed up on Friday, I could not get the gun in the holster if it was on my belt at all. I had to shove the gun into it when off the belt, then thread the belt through the rig and my pants belt loops . And once cinched up, I could not draw it at all. Stuck in there really hard. I had to wiggle it using a lot of force for about 30 seconds before it would finally start to slide out.

Now I've been wearing it around the house for about 12 hours and drawing/re-holstering slowly and carefully, now it only takes a few nudges to get it drawn in a hurry. Still takes about 10 seconds to get it re-holstered, because the front of the Shadow 2's trigger guard is serrated, which causes it to hang up on the edge of leather. Not sure how I'm gonna fix that. Also the rear belt slot flap is awkwardly high and too close to the grip for me to freely grasp the grip of the pistol. This may alleviate with time as the flap flexes more toward my body with wear. But right now it significantly slows my draw. If it doesn't become noticeably better in a week or two of around-the-house carry I'll need to consider other options.

I gave up on leather because it wears over time and changes but the kydex holsters I bought years ago still have the same positive click as the day they were made. Kydex can also be shaped with a dremel rather than severing stitches. I have magazine carriers from Mitch Rosen that I bought probably 10 years ago and the mags still stick in it.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Lehigh County)

Yeah I may end up having to go with kydex if for no other reason than the serrated trigger guard. But I'd prefer one with positive retention because I may open carry it occasionally.

(Lehigh County)

Something like this looks like it may work brilliantly:
    http://www.czech-holsters.com/CZ-SHA...-BELT-d210.htm

Or if I want a friggin bank vault on my belt, I could get this:

http://www.czech-holsters.com/CZ-Sha...-BELT-d461.htm

(Perry County)

I just ordered this for my P-10C.

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Montgomery County)

A really good tip is to wrap your gun in a few layers of wax paper. It increases the thickness and the wax paper surface breaks in the leather very slightly. Wrap it, shove it in for a few days and it will help loosen it and break it in.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast