Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: The Limits Of Governor Wolf's Power

What is the origin of that image?

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by gp52555 View Post
    I once took an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. It seems to me that some police are becoming that enemy.
    Oh the cops up here are real pieces of abusive shit. Moved up here five years ago from Texas and I've never seen anything like it. I guess someone decided to skip Force Options in the police academy. Nobody covered Escalation and De-escalation of situations with these guys. They're 100% in your face and confrontational. Had a pair of Pocono Mountain Regional almost kick my door in five years ago just because I was parked the wrong way.

....and I say all this as a former LEO. I've never seen anything like this. State Troopers should rename to Storm Troopers.

(Allegheny County)

So what’s with this new stay at home “order” from dear leader Wolfe that goes in effect at 8pm tonight for residents of certain counties Allegheny being one (my county)? My job is on the Life sustaining list, so I take it, outside of going to and from work or to store for food we are supposed to now stay in our homes? And what’s the enforcement look like? Do the police plan on pulling over every vehicle and checking “papers”? I’m a homebody for the most part, so I usually don’t go out that much To begin with but I can assure you I will not be abiding by comrade wolfs decree. If I wanna go for a ride or walk my dog etc I’m damn well going to do so. I will stay away from crowds and such but I will not be ordered into my house!
    Last edited by TB3; March 23rd, 2020 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Spelling

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TB3 View Post
    So what’s with this new stay at home “order” from dear leader Wolfe that goes in effect at 8pm tonight for residents of certain counties Allegheny being one (my county)? My job is on the Life sustaining list, so I take it, outside of going to and from work or to store for food we are supposed to now stay in our homes? And what’s the enforcement look like? Do the police plan on pulling over every vehicle and checking “papers”? I’m a homebody for the most part, so I usually don’t go out that much To begin with but I can assure you I will not be abiding by comrade wolfs decree. If I wanna go for a ride or walk my dog etc I’m damn well going to do so. I will stay away from crowds and such but I will not be ordered into my house!
    At least at this point, it's doubtful LE are going to pull over vehicles. You aren't in contact with anyone else. However, if conditions worsen, I could see some overzealous LE following people to see where they are going, and as a previous poster wrote, hassling walkers, at least in populated areas.

(Bucks County)

I work from home, but was hoping a bright spot once in a while to take one of the old cars for a ride. I'm by myself and not interacting with anyone...I suppose that's off limits too?

Isn't the "opioid state of emergency" still in effect in PA? Now we have the Covid-19 emergency on top of that?

Maybe a good rule of thumb should be, don't re-elect any politician who oversees more than one disaster at a time.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

I don't know but maybe we could harness some of it for the state's electical needs.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dsparil View Post
    Oh the cops up here are real pieces of abusive shit. Moved up here five years ago from Texas and I've never seen anything like it. I guess someone decided to skip Force Options in the police academy. Nobody covered Escalation and De-escalation of situations with these guys. They're 100% in your face and confrontational. Had a pair of Pocono Mountain Regional almost kick my door in five years ago just because I was parked the wrong way.

....and I say all this as a former LEO. I've never seen anything like this. State Troopers should rename to Storm Troopers.
    That was your first mistake brother. Unless for family.. why would you move from the great state of Texas to an armpit like this place??
    "A government big enough to give you everything you have, is also big enough to take it all away.
    Gerald Ford.

Happiness is 5,000 rounds of match ammo.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Konsukah_19 View Post
    That was your first mistake brother. Unless for family.. why would you move from the great state of Texas to an armpit like this place??
    It was nice enough when I moved. Cost of living is cheap as hell and Texas is turning into California very quickly.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dsparil View Post
    It was nice enough when I moved. Cost of living is cheap as hell and Texas is turning into California very quickly.
    I have a buddy living outside of Fort Worth and he said Dallas is a complete shit hole anymore. They have had a MASS exodus of Officers from there and their reputation in the Metroplex is pretty pathetic.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you have, is also big enough to take it all away.
    Gerald Ford.

Happiness is 5,000 rounds of match ammo.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast