Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 162
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sometimes Schuylkill...sometimes Berks., Pennsylvania
    (Schuylkill County)
    Posts
    266
    Rep Power
    629824

    Default Re: The Limits Of Governor Wolf's Power

    I have worked in EMS for eight years and have been at a pretty big Hospital system for almost three years now. My better half also works for a big Hospital system but works in Infectious Disease, shes been a RN for 13 years. Neither her nor I have EVER seen a level of panic or sheer hysteria like we have with this. The behavior being observed is absolutely un-precedented. Yes this transmits a lot easier than the flu, and also can create some BIG issues for those who are older or who are immunocompromised, but this is not anything new. There are MANY different types of viruses, blood borne pathogens, bacteria's, etc that can create some pretty serious issues to above mentioned people. These can even create issues to healthy people with good immune systems, but it's stuff we can manage. More people die from other diseases daily worldwide then they have with COVID-19.

    As it stands right now there are a LOT of people who are absolutely LOOSING their shit over this thing. Now I will be the first to say that I am not a Virologist, nor a specialist in Infectious Diseases.. but I have been in this game long enough to realize that while yes this is a problem that needs to be addressed, the level of attention and action that this is getting has now surpassed the point of ridiculous. I know some rather smart people that are fantastic practitioners that are also saying the same thing. The damage that Wolf did last night will far surpass that of this virus in the Commonwealth.

    The latest circus stunt of the Governor is only fanning the flames even more. This is only going to create even more panic since he now used the statement "until further notice" in the press release he has made, and this is extremely vague. It could be weeks or months and there are plenty of people out there who are already feeling the pinch but I see the govt offering NO solutions to how thousands of people will pay their bills, take care of their families, or stock their pantry shelves. With what he did, I am wondering if he wants to purposely create civil unrest. Because mark my words, if people won't have enough food in their home, money dries up in their bank accounts, and there is NO end in sight...they're gonna resort to other measures. Burglaries, home invasions, and robberies will see an up tick.

    I see COVID-19 having some great potential to create more damage from the economic and societal fallout, then it would from a healthcare standpoint. Buckle up y'all it's gonna be a bumpy ride..
    Last edited by Konsukah_19; March 20th, 2020 at 01:24 AM.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you have, is also big enough to take it all away.
    Gerald Ford.

    Happiness is 5,000 rounds of match ammo.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Richboro, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    2,038
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: The Limits Of Governor Wolf's Power

    The powers that be / Wolfe have a lot more power than you think. If you are a small business and the health inspector / liquor control official or the cops come by and tell you you are forced to close. What do you do? Tell them to stick it and fight the charges and multiple fines? It will be a year till your case even comes up and by then you will be out of business with no money to pay a lawyer for an appeal.

    There will be no emergency high court appeals ruling the law unconstitutional (like when Trump tries and do anything). You are screwed.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southern South Western South Eastern York county, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    2156911

    Default Re: The Limits Of Governor Wolf's Power

    This all came about because a computer model showed that with nothing done 2.2 million will die. They keep thinking of things to shut down and putting it in the models and it still says 1 million will die. Nobody can stomach that, so they close more things and hope it makes a difference. Who knows if the model is even correct?

    Maybe closing the world is the best thing in the long run, but right now we donít know. We know Italy is on fire, but nobody knows exactly why. Is it a different strain? Is it bad healthcare? Multiple generations living together? A huge Chinese immigrant population?

    So we make a guess and close everything and the economy be damned. And now you supposedly canít buy anything except food and gas and Tylenol. And small businesses are going to die quickly if they choose to close. And the stormtroopers are going to come get you if you donít.

    How many small businesses can last even one month with ZERO income while still paying all of the expenses, even if you lay-off your entire workforce?

    I donít know if anyone noticed Wolf closed the coal mines. How long can that last before we have widespread power outages? Not being able to buy new socks is one thing, but no coal? WTF?

    If no one challenges this it will stand. Wolf is in cahoots with NY, and Cuomo is driving the ship, aiming to be the Democrat presidential candidate sooner or later. Iím not a business owner or I would be calling Josh to challenge it. Maybe a small gun shop would be the perfect case as it could be challenged on many different grounds.

    How many people are going to die from another depression/anarchy/social upheaval caused by this reaction? If this goes on for much longer it will make America unrecognizable to my kid.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ercildoun, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    4,153
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: The Limits Of Governor Wolf's Power

    Wolf and the democrats are looking at this as their realignment. This hysteria was planned long ago and now they are making full use of it. It is time for a realignment but I don't think it's going to go the way think it's going to go.
    ​Masks are being used to promote fear in order to demonstrate control.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    127.1.1.1, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    2,869
    Rep Power
    1806529

    Default Re: The Limits Of Governor Wolf's Power

    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    March 19, 2019


    House Republican Leaders Respond to Wolf’s Shutdown Order

    HARRISBURG- House Republican Leadership issued the following statement in response to Gov. Tom Wolf’s order to shut down all non-life-sustaining business in Pennsylvania:

    “The Wolf Administration set off a panic tonight throughout the Commonwealth with its edict to shut down employers. The ill-prepared actions, announced after normal business hours, are not only an economic blow to every worker in the state right now but will have ramifications long into the future.

    “Any announcement in an emergency event such as this calls for clear and efficient lines of communication, but the open-ended and short-noticed announcement today is the complete opposite and only adds to the sense of chaos many Pennsylvanians are struggling with tonight.

    “These actions will shut down many small, family-owned shops and businesses, not only for the duration of this event, but possibly, and probably, forever.

    “The sprawling and confusing list provided by the governor is provided with no explanation, and we will explore all avenues available to us to determine whether the action he’s taken is allowed within our state Constitution.

    “It is incumbent upon all state leaders to recognize that long after we have defeated this public health threat, we must have the ability to create economic opportunities for all Pennsylvanians.

    “Therefore, we are compelled to raise our voice on behalf of millions of hard-working Pennsylvanians who are already making enormous sacrifices in the face of this worldwide event, none of which was of their own choosing.”

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    next to my neighbor, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    10,526
    Rep Power
    21474860

    Default Re: The Limits Of Governor Wolf's Power

    Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    The powers that be / Wolfe have a lot more power than you think. If you are a small business and the health inspector / liquor control official or the cops come by and tell you you are forced to close. What do you do? Tell them to stick it and fight the charges and multiple fines? It will be a year till your case even comes up and by then you will be out of business with no money to pay a lawyer for an appeal.

    There will be no emergency high court appeals ruling the law unconstitutional (like when Trump tries and do anything). You are screwed.
    A building inspector shut my job down and ordered me off the property.
    I basically told him to F himself as I am not leaving the property.
    He called the police, they were too busy to show up, he called the police
    in the neighboring town, they never came.

    This happened a couple summers ago, if they didnt show then,
    I doubt they'll show now.
    Just start sneezing.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chester County, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    924
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: The Limits Of Governor Wolf's Power

    Ok, here's a question for the lawyers. What happens if you guys draft a lawsuit that has merit and distribute it to 100,000 different people to fill in a few blanks and file as plaintiffs? The Catawba tribe did something similar in SC and won with just the threat of filing.
    Welcome to the King's Forest!

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Quakertown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    514
    Rep Power
    9618133

    Default Re: The Limits Of Governor Wolf's Power

    Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    Ok, here's a question for the lawyers. What happens if you guys draft a lawsuit that has merit and distribute it to 100,000 different people to fill in a few blanks and file as plaintiffs? The Catawba tribe did something similar in SC and won with just the threat of filing.
    That sounds like a very good idea.. overwhelm the Atty General due to Wolf's stupidity

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chambers Hill, Pennsylvania
    (Dauphin County)
    Posts
    266
    Rep Power
    15193351

    Default Re: The Limits Of Governor Wolf's Power

    Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    March 19, 2019


    House Republican Leaders Respond to Wolf’s Shutdown Order

    HARRISBURG- House Republican Leadership issued the following statement in response to Gov. Tom Wolf’s order to shut down all non-life-sustaining business in Pennsylvania:

    “The Wolf Administration set off a panic tonight throughout the Commonwealth with its edict to shut down employers. The ill-prepared actions, announced after normal business hours, are not only an economic blow to every worker in the state right now but will have ramifications long into the future.

    “Any announcement in an emergency event such as this calls for clear and efficient lines of communication, but the open-ended and short-noticed announcement today is the complete opposite and only adds to the sense of chaos many Pennsylvanians are struggling with tonight.

    “These actions will shut down many small, family-owned shops and businesses, not only for the duration of this event, but possibly, and probably, forever.

    “The sprawling and confusing list provided by the governor is provided with no explanation, and we will explore all avenues available to us to determine whether the action he’s taken is allowed within our state Constitution.

    “It is incumbent upon all state leaders to recognize that long after we have defeated this public health threat, we must have the ability to create economic opportunities for all Pennsylvanians.

    “Therefore, we are compelled to raise our voice on behalf of millions of hard-working Pennsylvanians who are already making enormous sacrifices in the face of this worldwide event, none of which was of their own choosing.”
    while I agree with their assessment, I am underwhelmed with their actions...

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Columbia County)
    Posts
    1,129
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: The Limits Of Governor Wolf's Power

    Quote Originally Posted by archie19 View Post
    while I agree with their assessment, I am underwhelmed with their actions...
    I guessing the state GOP might be thinking if they fight Wolf's order and are successful, if the virus spreads further they will get the blame.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: October 26th, 2009, 12:25 PM
  2. Hearing on Limits of Executive Power
    By lexington86 in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 26th, 2008, 04:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •