Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Home medical gear & supplies

What's everybody doing for medical preps?

Since Coronavirus is a respiratory infection, the medical system may be overrun, and my wife is high-risk due to multiple issues caused by muscular dystrophy, I bought a home oxygen concentrator 2 weeks ago on Craigslist for $350. I'm thinking that this, together with her BiPAP, could be a real lifesaver to treat pneumonia. The BiPAP mask already has an oxygen port on it.

My dad is also at risk with multiple medical problems. Today I saw a CL ad for two oxygen concentrators for $175, one working and one not. What the heck, I grabbed those too. The second one powers up but has no flow. I'm thinking the sieve bed is clogged. There are companies that will repour (refill) the sieve bed, the cost from one for this model is $85. If I can fix the 2nd one, I'll try to find someone who can use it.

I need to replace the water bottle that the O2 passes through to humidify it.

My kids have BiPAPs too, since they have mid cases of sleep apnea, but they don't use the BiPAPs. I hear that the breathing cycle of each machine is tailored to the user. So now I need to figure out if one of those would work for my dad, or is it possible to reprogram them?

I also ordered a fingertip battery-powered pulse-ox monitor. And my daughter has a blood pressure cuff.

100 500 mg fish mox won't help with coronavirus victims, but it might save someone else.
    Last edited by scruff; March 17th, 2020 at 12:56 AM.