Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: PA Sheriffs use COVID as a reason to suspend LTCF processing.

Years ago, Bucks County would make a black and white photo copy of your DL for your LTCF pic.

Mine looked like a mug shot of one of the 19 hijackers.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Letter from Sheriff Ott

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    If I had not been persistent I would not have gotten renewed today.

I was met walking up to the door by a deputy who questioned why I was there.

To see the sheriff.

You here for a license.

Yes

Blocking door now. New or renewal?

Renewal.

Oh they aren't doing renewals. Still blocking door. You get an automatic extension of 90 days.

Is that the exemption or was a law passed? Im aware of an exemption if you forgot to renew that you can plead to a judge but if you carry on an expired license its a prohibiting offense.

Well you can ask the guys inside but they are going to tell you the same thing.

He goes in first as he was in the revolving door and i follow in. I'm hearing those guys tell him they just got word Weaknecht is doing renewals.

I go through the metal detector and lose my leatherman to a receipt and stll set off the damn thing. After a wanding I'm sent on my way to the sheriff office.

I found the office and gave them my paperwork, drivers license and 20 dollars. They took everything and said get a seat.

Minuets pass and a deputy said we aren't doing renewals only new license and we have a repeat of the door cop conversation.

I added in that they told me downstairs that they got word this morning that renewals are to be completed.

I asked if I could talk to Erick and was told with that feeling of a lie, no hes not here.

Can you call him?

No, but then hes thinking about it as I'm taking my paperwork divers license and 20 back.

I hear that guy saying oh why didn't he tell me but he told them. This is over the phone.

I set my stuff down and waited for the end of the conversation, but then he goes into another room.

Only when he comes back does he say ok we're taking renewals.

I pass my stuff back and wait back in the chair for the approval and my picture.

Two deputies have a conversation of the laminating machine.

I get to my truck and look at my new license. Its part way hanging out of the laminate on a crooked angle.

Get your asses in ther quick if you need to. Things be changing by the second.

Does that mean you have to carry your gun part way out of the holster to be legal?

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    So would you be okay with your LTCF photo being used in another platform, since its just a photo, you know.
    That would be impossible since say; penn dot having access to a LTCF photo would be an unlawful disclosure.

Pennsylvania dot however feels it is okay to share drivers information all the damned time anyway.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Delaware County)

Good Morning, I called over to the Delaware County Sheriffs office today and they stated they were closed to the public and not doing any new LTCF or Renewals at this time. They informed me to follow the website for updates. I asked simply if your permit is expired and the lady flat out said “you can’t carry”. Complete bs if you ask me....

(Berks County)

FOAC and I are working on this exact issue, including the absence of any statutory requirement for photos and signatures. This issue is currently before the Governor, since he can direct the PSP to either permit digital photos and signatures or alleviate the requirement. While that may not seem like it would likely yield the result we are looking for, I understand the Governor is very sensitive to the gun-owner vote and is becoming increasing concerned for the Democratic party in the next election.
    Joshua Prince, Esq. - Firearms Industry Consulting Group - www.PaFirearmsLawyer.com

(Tioga County)

I have been told the Tioga county sheriff is also not doing LTCF's. Can anyone corroborate this?

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyer5 View Post
    Good Morning, I called over to the Delaware County Sheriffs office today and they stated they were closed to the public and not doing any new LTCF or Renewals at this time. They informed me to follow the website for updates. I asked simply if your permit is expired and the lady flat out said “you can’t carry”. Complete bs if you ask me....
    Drive over. Give them the form. Record everything.

Nail it to their door if you can’t get it. Blank side to the public of course.

Then call them and tell them it was submitted, and you expect your permit.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by nitechampion View Post
    I have been told the Tioga county sheriff is also not doing LTCF's. Can anyone corroborate this?
    They are doing them by mail - https://www.facebook.com/TiogaCounty...78231778864051. If you have any issues, contact me directly, as I may be able to assist
    Joshua Prince, Esq. - Firearms Industry Consulting Group - www.PaFirearmsLawyer.com

(Lancaster County)

Lancaster County is accepting by mail (sorry if someone posted this already) https://www.co.lancaster.pa.us/160/Sheriffs-Office

(Berks County)

I was just advised that the Wolf Administration and PSP will be granting extensions to license to carry firearm permits. https://blog.princelaw.com/2020/04/0...arry-firearms/
    Last edited by SigForLife; April 1st, 2020 at 09:35 AM.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast