Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Some people might be waking up

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Well, if he wants the best gun for home defense the answer is some sort of modern rifle. AR 15 or tavor. Lack of capacity, high recoil takes the shotgun out. Pistols do not reliably stop people. Not to mention the threat of multiple attackers, especially during riots or looting.

Sure, normally we figure home defense starts when someone is breaking in, but you have to consider society breaking down and you needing to be able to shoot a looter getting into your neighbors house.
    But a pistol can be carried 100% of the time. If someone kicks in the front door, are you going to run and get the rifle? And a .45 ACP with 50% expansion puts it on par with a shotgun slug
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    But a pistol can be carried 100% of the time. If someone kicks in the front door, are you going to run and get the rifle? And a .45 ACP with 50% expansion puts it on par with a shotgun slug
    You know better then that. There are 437.5 grains in an ounce. That means even a heavy .45 acp is far less powerful then just the 1 oz foster slug in a pdx1 round, ignoring completely the the 00 buck that is also flying, and the fact that a shotgun is a lot more powerful.

Pistols are handy, but they are never the best choice. They’re what you have until you get to something better.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Just far enough from Philly, Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    But, we'll be able to pick up some sweet deals after this whole thing is over. I'm just saying.
    This is exactly what I was thinking too. Once this blows over the used gun market is gonna probably jump up.

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    You know better then that. There are 437.5 grains in an ounce. That means even a heavy .45 acp is far less powerful then just the 1 oz foster slug in a pdx1 round, ignoring completely the the 00 buck that is also flying, and the fact that a shotgun is a lot more powerful.

Pistols are handy, but they are never the best choice. They’re what you have until you get to something better.
    .45 ACP with Hollow Points is a man stopper. Period.

So is a shotgun.

The shotgun holes will be bigger, but the end effect is the same.

Distinction without a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I may pick one up for my self on of these days to compliment my Saiga shotgun.
    I bought a backup in case they ban them. Heck, I am thinking of buying a third.

Lots of my wife's friends are out there trying to buy guns and ammo and having a hard time of it. She told me she will never again roll her eyes as I add to the ammo stash in good times... and asked if we could get some shooting practice in this weekend.

(Bucks County)

Yes....The "Crisis" is bringing in converts contrary to what the MSM Talking Sphincters were hoping for.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Northumberland County)

I'm not advocating violence in the least, but if people are waking up now, imagine if this wasn't peaceful. So far, no one "needs" a gun due to riots, looting, etc. (that's said with the best of intentions...I'm all for what is occurring with new buyers). If being 'woke' makes you a stereotypical liberal, what does waking up from woke-ness make you? Woke squared?

(Chester County)

In the usual pattern of leftists that believe they are always the smartest and most competent people in the room leftists when it comes to wanting a gun for protection will always use their fall back "guns for me but not for thee". Bloomberg is the typical example.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    In the usual pattern of leftists that believe they are always the smartest and most competent people in the room leftists when it comes to wanting a gun for protection will always use their fall back "guns for me but not for thee". Bloomberg is the typical example.
    Bingo!!!
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast