Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Angry Budsgunshop.com horrible customer service.

Tried this online shop as they had the best price on the Mark IV i was looking for and I've heard them mentioned by some of the "Gun review" channels on YouTube. never again!!

First, they don't tell you there will be a 10% restocking fee if you cancel the transaction until after you commit to the transaction. This really doesn't matter to me as I am not planning on cancelling, and they couldn't possibly enforce it unless you send them a trade and then change your mind if they low-ball your trade in which case they can hold your trade hostage until you pay. to tell you about the restocking fee AFTER you commit to the transaction is just horrible customer service.

2. you have to pay them $29.00 to call them if you have an issue. They don't give out their phone number unless you join their club. So if you need them you have to pay $29.00 or email them or open a ticket. Total Bull $hit.

3. They have never responded to one of my emails in under 24 hours. Usually I wait about 2 days.

4. The live chat option had me waiting for 45 minutes to "Chat with a representative". When the rep came on, a canned response about taking a minute to research my question came up and then he disconnected me 5 minutes later. I just restarted the chat and it tells me i'm #91 in the Que with a 44 minute wait time.

I will never order from them again. I'm going back to ordering from GrabAGun

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Budsgunshop.com horrible customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Truck View Post
    Tried this online shop as they had the best price on the Mark IV i was looking for and I've heard them mentioned by some of the "Gun review" channels on YouTube. never again!!

First, they don't tell you there will be a 10% restocking fee if you cancel the transaction until after you commit to the transaction. This really doesn't matter to me as I am not planning on cancelling, and they couldn't possibly enforce it unless you send them a trade and then change your mind if they low-ball your trade in which case they can hold your trade hostage until you pay. to tell you about the restocking fee AFTER you commit to the transaction is just horrible customer service.

2. you have to pay them $29.00 to call them if you have an issue. They don't give out their phone number unless you join their club. So if you need them you have to pay $29.00 or email them or open a ticket. Total Bull $hit.

3. They have never responded to one of my emails in under 24 hours. Usually I wait about 2 days.

4. The live chat option had me waiting for 45 minutes to "Chat with a representative". When the rep came on, a canned response about taking a minute to research my question came up and then he disconnected me 5 minutes later. I just restarted the chat and it tells me i'm #91 in the Que with a 44 minute wait time.

It's right on there page for purchasing. 10% restocking fee.

Google search produced their phone number too.

I've never emailed them, but I did call with a question on a layaway before and got a person in about 20 minutes. It's a full on panic at the moment, so I imagine they are swamped. I'm thinking you might have made this a little more difficult than it had to be. I've used them before, but I tend to stick with lgs for the most part.

(Lackawanna County)

I placed the order long before the panic. Almost 2 weeks ago.

I have the phone number for them as well, but when you call them, the only way to get through to a live person is to be an FFL (option 1) or pay $29.00 (option 2) which I will not do.

No where in the order process does it state the 10% fee. You have to search for it. They only inform you about it after the order is placed.

I had to try their "Live chat" 3 times (sitting on hold for between 20 and 45 minutes each time) before I could get to a person that "said" they could help me and that someone would "call me shortly". That was an hour and a half ago.

How on earth am I the one making this more difficult than it has to be?

I tend to stick with local gun shops as well, but the price on the Mark IV was too good to pass up compared to the stores in my area. Now I know why...

(Chester County)

I've gotten the best deals and service through gunbroker. Bud's never has in stock the things I prefer.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Delaware County)

Buy cheap, get crap "service", complain. Bonus points for not explaining why you needed to contact Bud's after you placed the order even though you did state you aren't cancelling it.

(Carbon County)

buy from your local gunshop or they won't be there when you need them
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Allegheny County)

I purchased a handgun from them last year. First time doing so and it was smooth a silk.
    Best price I could find online or locally.
    My LGS got it in 2 days.
    Toujours prêt

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Echo5Charlie View Post
    Buy cheap, get crap "service", complain. Bonus points for not explaining why you needed to contact Bud's after you placed the order even though you did state you aren't cancelling it.
    The price diference between LGS and Buds was about 60 dollars and Bud's offered free shipping. Figure 30 dollars less when you factor in the transfer fee. I like my LGS's but none of them would even come close to matching the price. If they won't budge on price why should I throw away 30 dollars just so I can say I bought local, I'm not rich. I would have even met them half way, but nope, they wouldn't do it, I asked. You wanna throw away money, go right ahead. I called Bud's because after they credited my order for the trade and said "Oh by the way 10% if you cancel or walk away" they didn't send me a link or point me to where I could pay the balance. After leaving it alone for 3 days thinking they just needed to update my order and the "Pay now" button would appear somewhere, I started to try and contact them. That's when the experience took a nose dive.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I've gotten the best deals and service through gunbroker. Bud's never has in stock the things I prefer.
    One of the things I also noticed after I purchased which turned me off to them even more was that some firearms that showed out of stock on other on-line gun sales sites showed in stock at Bud's but were "reserved for club members". Of course you could be a "member" too.... for 29 dollars. Oh, and "Members" got free 2 day shipping, something most other sites just do for free...

(Delaware County)

The price diference between LGS and Buds was about 60 dollars and Bud's offered free shipping. Figure 30 dollars less when you factor in the transfer fee. I like my LGS's but none of them would even come close to matching the price. If they won't budge on price why should I throw away 30 dollars just so I can say I bought local, I'm not rich. I would have even met them half way, but nope, they wouldn't do it, I asked. You wanna throw away money, go right ahead. I called Bud's because after they credited my order for the trade and said "Oh by the way 10% if you cancel or walk away" they didn't send me a link or point me to where I could pay the balance. After leaving it alone for 3 days thinking they just needed to update my order and the "Pay now" button would appear somewhere, I started to try and contact them. That's when the experience took a nose dive.
    $30???? That explains everything. Glad you got it worked out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast