Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Visiting nurse demands any guns be "put away" before she arrives

Wife did an overnight for chest pains. They ruled out a heart attack, and set her up for home-visiting therapy nurse. Toward the end of my wife's phone call setting up the visitations, I heard the female on the other end say, "and one other thing. If there are guns in the house, they have to be put away".

to which I spoke loudly enough for her to hear, "get the hell outta here". "We have strict rules", said she. I said "I have a mean fist, do I have to put that away too?" She said something about rules again, not certain what the hell followed.

I figure the red flagging SWAT team would have been here by now, so I'm guessing she was dictating by rote. Except that she sounded like she believed this shit.

Absurd, stupid people annoy me. I suppose it shouldn't, but we all have our quirks, and that's one of mine. Obviously, she is required by her employer to say it.

I wish I could ask the absurd, stupid cake-eater that inserted this insult into the colloquy if they have ever had a visiting nurse incident involving a gun at all, and if so, how this demand would have prevented it.

I'll not bring it up with whichever nurse draws the short straw. I will keep my own countenance, secure in the knowledge that the pistol in my pocket fits my definition of "put away". I have no idea of what is their definition, beyond "don't want to see one while I'm there".

Wonder how many visits are within sight of large kitchen knives on display.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Visiting nurse demands any guns be "put away" before she arrives

The threat of knocking her teeth out probably didn't help the situation any.

I know that's not what you meant, but sheesh - that's the way these people think.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

Try to see it from their perspective... if you did that job would you want to see someones guns out? Think of it as a normal stranger coming over to your house... guns should not be out... a reasonable request.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

Comply on the basis of health care for your loved one ,Unless the Nurse comes into your home packing heat !

(Berks County)

For the principal of it I'd be tempted to say FU but anytime I have people over I clean my place up so nobody can get their grubbers on my irons. If I had a musket hanging on the wall it would stay there and if the visiting nurse didn't like it he/she could go find work elsewhere.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Wayne County)

Did they request that you dust, vacuum, change the linens, put the dog in another room, have lunch ready for her? Or are they OK with filth, cat shit and piss all over, dishes piled high, rotting food on plate, roaches crawling all over, etc, etc. The things that trigger these people are nuts.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Comply on the basis of health care for your loved one ,Unless the Nurse comes into your home packing heat !
    I say that Bang has the right to pat her down for weapons.

(Monroe County)

If the suns's out the guns out.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Cake eater HAHA.

(Lehigh County)

I guess the options are comply for an hour and allow the care you wife needs (could always carry one concealed if you're afraid of an assassin nurse)

Find another visiting nurse who doesn't have a gun phobia

Do neither and tell your wife to suck it up

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast