Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    (Juniata County)

Default Re: Leo running serial on CCW for allegedly rolling through a stop sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    If I stop someone for a MVC Violation or a Pedestrian Stop, I have to do a report that documents all aspects of that stop. The reasonable suspicion for the stop, location, time, all of my info and all of the person stopped info, whether I frisked, searched and/or arrested said person. Their driver license number and if appropriate their LTCF number. This form is discoverable if the person is arrested. Otherwise it is not a publicly accessible form, so the information contained on it is not open to the public. I don't see how you think this is a confidential violation. And again, what occurred was not a transfer as regulated by the statute.
    :-)

The law says any disclosure of LTCF information.

I agreed with you it wasn’t a transfer.

For the record, I also feel PSAP dispatchers having access to the information is an unlawful disclosure. There is a contact number for any Leo that would need to verify the status. There is no excuse for a dispatcher to have access to that information.
    Last edited by PAMedic=F|A=; March 26th, 2020 at 12:25 AM.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Leo running serial on CCW for allegedly rolling through a stop sign.

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    :-)

The law says any disclosure of LTCF information.

I agreed with you it wasn’t a transfer.

For the record, I also feel PSAP dispatchers having access to the information is an unlawful disclosure. There is a contact number for any Leo that would need to verify the status. There is no excuse for a dispatcher to have access to that information.
    You are messing with me right? Dispatchers should not have access to that info?! That contact number you speak of, are they available 24/7, holidays, weekends, times of pandemic, etc?

If done over an MDT or encrypted radio, who exactly else, besides the requesting LEO was it being disclosed to?

(Montgomery County)

If done over an MDT or encrypted radio, who exactly else, besides the requesting LEO was it being disclosed to?
    If done on an encrypted radio, every other LEO on the channel and anybody standing near them.....

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    If done on an encrypted radio, every other LEO on the channel and anybody standing near them.....
    If

You are messing with me right? Dispatchers should not have access to that info?! That contact number you speak of, are they available 24/7, holidays, weekends, times of pandemic, etc?

Who do you think the dispatchers are calling to find out.

Unless you're suggesting counties or the state are operating an illegal database of LTCF owners, which anyone, without even probable cause can access at any time. I shudder to think that any government official would be so lost to all sense of responsibility & integrity that they would so blatantly violate article 1 section 1 and article 1 section 8.

I can't speak for you big city folks, but it isn't uncommon in rural areas for responders to swing by the com center and try and resolve issues, find out wtf happened on their end that made things so screwed up on our end, and so on. Of course, we would be able to hear any communications they had. As would any dispatchers not involved in the call in questioned.

It is my understanding that the number is supposed to be available at all times. But even if it is not, why, the officer has all the persons information from his report, and can investigate on the next business day if the person in question was violating the law and did not have valid ltcf.

Our high court, unlike the feds, take privacy very seriously, and has made it clear that transactions between a person and a entity are generally presumed private. This would be given added weight, considering the stiff person attached to LTCF discloses. As the State maintains, according to the law, a phone number for LTCF verification, and, as that number is printed on the card, any IMO reasonable person would believe that the only people who would have access to that information are those in the issuing author with need to know, the person who answers the phone at the place the records are stored, and of course the officer who is calling for verification.
    Last edited by PAMedic=F|A=; March 26th, 2020 at 10:40 AM.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Bucks County)

This is ridiculous. If anybody is an enemy of the State its Wolf.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Apparently, he's an enemy of the Commonwealth.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/waeb-...&cmp=ios_share

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    It’s not illegal if you let him. If you do not tell him you do not consent, you do consent. Object vocally next time. And yes, that cop sucks ass! Most do, and they cannot understand why we don’t cry a river every time one gets to feeling guilty and paints a wall with his brain.
    I feel bad for the one in Philthy that got killed today doing his job, but not enough to support his family forever. He likely wouldn’t have done anything for my family if I got killed at work.
    NO some do, MOST don't.
    If I said Most plumbers, auto mechanics, appliance repairman, etc.etc, are thiefs, I'd be Wrong.
    Are their bad guys in every profession, YES

And as to the stakeout guy...His family will be getting whatever the contract...agreed to by Both side, states,,,,,, No more No Less.
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Clearfield County)

So any advice on my court date for the ticket? Apparently they are staying open in my town. Just bring up how he took my weapon ran it without probably cause, elongated my stop which is ridiculous that my stop took a extra 20 mins because I was lawfully carrying my pistol that I always do.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678