Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Leo running serial on CCW for allegedly rolling through a stop sign.

Not to be a dick but...I drove truck for a living for about 35 years and never got pulled over for 'roll stopping' a stop sign. Just sayin'...that is if you want to give forethought to anything.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Leo running serial on CCW for allegedly rolling through a stop sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerndt View Post
    I just had this happen to me. I was allegedly did a rolling stop. Was very polite when pulled over. Told the cop I had my CCW on me and have a licence. He says that's fine just dont reach for it. I give him all my information. He goes to his car and says he now needs to detain it while he does paper work. He removed it in the holster from my belt. Took it out of the holster ran the gun asked me various questions about it. Where I bought it and it wasn't showing up in the system and if the registration was in my name. What does any of this have to do with a stop sign? Why was the gun even removed? I was there about 1 1/2 on my motorcycle. It's a Harley. He came back gave me a ticket and 3 points! I've never had one charge, not one ticket in my life! Plus why was my stop time increased by 3x because he could search my pistol? Sorry I seen some much older post just wondering if any recent laws or information has been obtained.
    Contact an atty

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    I dont blame op for telling the officer he had a gun, on a bike, wallet in right rear pocket and gun at 5oclock can be asking for trouble
    I don't either, I was just letting him know that he doesn't have to for the future.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Not to be a dick but...I drove truck for a living for about 35 years and never got pulled over for 'roll stopping' a stop sign. Just sayin'...that is if you want to give forethought to anything.
    Got stopped, once, for a rolling stop. Out in the middle of the Nevada Desert, got pulled over, was told this wasn't California. See a stop sign? Come to a complete stop (your body goes slightly forward, then back). No ticket, just a talking to. It stuck. That, and turn signals (did a tour in Germany - automatic 40 Mark fine (this was before the Eurodollar)).

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    No. Op was illegally detained longer then necessary for the purposes of the stop: he was not given a choice. His property was illegally searched. He was illegally detainees. His property was illegally seized. Cop likely endangered OP’s life by handling a weapon he was most likely unfamiliar with & almost certainly not certified on. Cop showed he clearly does not know the laws of the commonwealth or say educated on case law as Pennsylvania does not have a registry, as a registry is illegal. A fact pointed out clearly in the law and by a Pennsylvania Supreme Court case, were the courts made it clear that since every firearm is not accounted for, it isn’t a registry.

OP, as already pointed out: don’t talk to cops. Get a lawyer. File a complaint, seriously consider a civil rights lawsuit. Given the significant amount of training LEOs have had to do in regards to Pennsylvania firearms law, I’d have your lawyer question his ability to know traffic laws at all. I’m not a Leo, but I don’t remember any MOPTEC training about stop signs.

Honestly the cop is obviously a slow learner, or has ethics problems. I think the OPs lawsuit should be just for court costs, and seek required retraining of the entire department. Complete retraining, an entire certification course from an accredited university: no community colleges. Maybe toss in a complete fire police certifications and constable to make sure all sworn law enforcement officers are covered to ensure the department is well rounded and less likely to violate the law in the future.
    I TOTALLY agree with everything you said, but I think you misunderstood what I said. Let me say it another way. You only hav3 the Rights you know about, are willing to fight for, and are willing to voice those last two. If you do not speak up and tell the asshole, “ NO, I have rights, I know my rights, I will not consent to your violating them, and I am willing to destroy you financially in court if you violate them”, then you only have the rights he LETS you have.
    At no point did the OP state that he vocalized to the asshole cop that he did not consent to illegal searches and seizures. Lacking that, he is merely a sheep without rights. OP, I am not trying to insult you, rather to educate you and others. The asshole cops are OUR minions. They are owned by us! It is up to us to keep them in line. If you do not do your part, they will overrun you, just like happened to you in your post.

(Bucks County)

I'm a complete stop Nazi too. It seems to annoy the people behind me that don't think that traffic laws apply to them.

I've come to a complete stop on a MC and a BC without putting a foot down. Apparently that doesn't count.

I'll do a rolling stop only if NO ONE is oncoming within sight.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Mifflin County)

Have to agree with the above posts , a stop sign is a STOP sign .

The Cop broke PSP rules. Years ago they sent out a letter that firearms may not be ran on a traffic stop, unless there were extenuating circumstances. Running a firearm for ownership is absolutely against the rules. IIRC a violation of the rules could cause loss of access to the system. I always said to someone who told me they had a gun, you keep yours where it is and Ill do the same. Never once had a problem.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    The Cop broke PSP rules. Years ago they sent out a letter that firearms may not be ran on a traffic stop, unless there were extenuating circumstances.
    He was riding a motorcycle. Probably a gang member , or perhaps a known associate.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast