Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Bob Casey Drags Gun Control into Coronavirus with Silly Remark.

Sad, but Casey Junior's got no one to blame but himself for the poor response of our bureaucracy to this virus.

Maybe if he had done a better job managing the government, (which is why we pay him), the CDC would not have botched the first round of test kits with a bad reagent.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Lying sack of...read this craptacular response when I wrote him about National Reciprocity this week:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding S. 69, the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act. I appreciate hearing from you about this issue.

Senator John Cornyn of Texas introduced S. 69 on January 9, 2019. This bill would allow individuals with a concealed carry permit lawfully issued by their home state to carry a concealed handgun in any other state that permits the carrying of concealed firearms. Currently, states have varying laws and processes to allow individuals to carry a concealed firearm. Many states also have reciprocity agreements with other states, allowing a permit from one state to be recognized in another. In 1995, the Pennsylvania General Assembly gave the Attorney General the authority to enter into reciprocity agreements with other states. Pennsylvania currently has formal or informal reciprocity agreements with 29 states.

I support the Second Amendment right of law-abiding Americans to own guns for protection, sporting and collection. But, like many Americans, I believe we need commonsense gun legislation that will help to prevent tragic mass shootings and daily gun violence that takes the lives of approximately 33,000 Americans each year. We are a Nation of people who come together, roll up our sleeves and solve difficult problems. We can pass smart measures to reduce gun violence while fully respecting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens.

The Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act was referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee, of which I am not a member. When a previous version of S. 69 came before the Senate in the 113th Congress, I opposed its passage. Should S. 69 come before the full Senate for consideration, I will once again oppose the legislation.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

For more information on this or other issues, I encourage you to visit my website, http://casey.senate.gov. I hope you will find this online office a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,

Bob Casey

United States Senator
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Lying sack of...read this craptacular response when I wrote him about National Reciprocity this week:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding S. 69, the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act. I appreciate hearing from you about this issue.

Senator John Cornyn of Texas introduced S. 69 on January 9, 2019. This bill would allow individuals with a concealed carry permit lawfully issued by their home state to carry a concealed handgun in any other state that permits the carrying of concealed firearms. Currently, states have varying laws and processes to allow individuals to carry a concealed firearm. Many states also have reciprocity agreements with other states, allowing a permit from one state to be recognized in another. In 1995, the Pennsylvania General Assembly gave the Attorney General the authority to enter into reciprocity agreements with other states. Pennsylvania currently has formal or informal reciprocity agreements with 29 states.

I support the Second Amendment right of law-abiding Americans to own guns for protection, sporting and collection. But, like many Americans, I believe we need commonsense gun legislation that will help to prevent tragic mass shootings and daily gun violence that takes the lives of approximately 33,000 Americans each year. We are a Nation of people who come together, roll up our sleeves and solve difficult problems. We can pass smart measures to reduce gun violence while fully respecting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens.

The Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act was referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee, of which I am not a member. When a previous version of S. 69 came before the Senate in the 113th Congress, I opposed its passage. Should S. 69 come before the full Senate for consideration, I will once again oppose the legislation.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

For more information on this or other issues, I encourage you to visit my website, http://casey.senate.gov. I hope you will find this online office a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,

Bob Casey

United States Senator
    This is the same canned response he or most likely his assistance send back regarding anything sent to him on gun control. I have received that at least 5 times since moving to PA 6 years ago.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    This is the same canned response he or most likely his assistance send back regarding anything sent to him on gun control. I have received that at least 5 times since moving to PA 6 years ago.
    Yep, never changes.

I believe blah blah blah but

(Delaware County)

Well this is a little different from his usual response. Here he at least takes a stance. I will not vote for it. Usually he just says it is in blah blah committee of which I'm not a member and I'll keep your views in mind if it comes to the full senate.

My response was I did not vote for you the last time and when you come up for reelection I will not vote for you again.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

PickingPA Guest

I never did get a response to my email posted earlier in the thread. I got the initial auto-reply “thank you for contacting.....blah blah .....the Senator will respond shortly....blah blah”

Nope, he never did

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    I never did get a response to my email posted earlier in the thread. I got the initial auto-reply “thank you for contacting.....blah blah .....the Senator will respond shortly....blah blah”

Nope, he never did
    ^^^^ Please tell me you're not surprised by this...

(Bucks County)

I got the same canned response. I started to reply back but then I figured he would probably ignore it.
    Cassey says common sense, when ultimately he is saying whoever does not agree with him does not have common sense.* It is truly an insult to us all.* If they were truly common-sense, then these laws would have been proposed long ago.* If its common sense now, why wasn't it common sense 50 years ago.* Are we that much more evolved than our previous generations?* In Pennsylvania, there are 3 times as many drug overdoses than there are firearm-related deaths..* Wheres your "common sense" laws fighting this issue?* Thats right, there are none.* All he has done is throw money at the problem, A LOT OF MONEY, never intending to actually fix it because the answer is to complicated and somewhat out of their control.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post

Sincerely,

Bob Casey

United States Senator

(Bucks County)

He does take a stance but never says why he opposes it. Thats what gets me. Whats not common sense about reciprocity!
    Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    Well this is a little different from his usual response. Here he at least takes a stance. I will not vote for it. Usually he just says it is in blah blah committee of which I'm not a member and I'll keep your views in mind if it comes to the full senate.

My response was I did not vote for you the last time and when you come up for reelection I will not vote for you again.

(Bucks County)

That's why I do not write him or those like him anymore. Not going to be the precipitator of insulting my own intelligence.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast