Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    PickingPA Guest

Default Re: Bob Casey Drags Gun Control into Coronavirus with Silly Remark.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    ^^^^ Please tell me you're not surprised by this...
    Not at all

I put his ass on blast in his own tweet over it.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post
    *mic drop*
    "A government big enough to give you everything you have, is also big enough to take it all away.
    Gerald Ford.

Happiness is 5,000 rounds of match ammo.

(Butler County)

Although right now I'd like to ask asshat Bob again how easy it is to get that AR-15 vs a COVID-19 test with how they've illegally shut down FFL's in several states and severely limited in others. What a twat.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post
    You mean Obamacare didn't make enough Covid 19 test kits?

Bob Casey is responsible for American deaths because Obamacare crippled our healthcare!
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

I've gotten same response back
    And I reply back that how he personally feels on the matter should have no bearing on how he votes .
    His job is to represent how his constituents tell him they feel on issues ,not his personal ones , that should override ours .
    I've never gotten back from any one of em a breakdown of what majority they are following

PickingPA Guest

My email to Casey, copies earlier in this thread, was sent March 14

This morning (May 1) I received a reply. Clearly a typical standard response to all COVID19 inquiries drafted by a staffer. Not one mention of the reason I wrote the original email. No surprise

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the 2019 novel coronavirus, which causes the illness that has been named COVID-19, and the federal government's response to this unprecedented threat. I appreciate hearing from you about this issue.

Since the novel coronavirus first emerged in late 2019, cases of COVID-19 have spread both globally and throughout the United States, including, unfortunately, to Pennsylvania, where Governor Tom Wolf announced confirmation of the first cases on March 6, 2020. My thoughts are with those constituents who have been impacted by the new coronavirus, and I wish a speedy recovery to those who are ill. I personally remain in close contact with state and federal officials regarding the spread of COVID-19, and my office maintains a coronavirus resource hub for our constituents at https://www.casey.senate.gov/coronavirus. Up to date information on COVID-19 in Pennsylvania can be found at www.pa.gov, or by calling 1-877-PA-HEALTH (1-877-724-3258).

In recognition of the dire threat posed by the ongoing pandemic, Congress has passed four response packages that are meant to bolster our health care system and help families and businesses respond to the crisis. Those bills include:

• H.R. 6074, the Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act. This legislation included $2 billion to help federal, state, local and tribal governments prepare for and respond to the crisis. It also included over $3 billion for research and development and $1 billion for preparedness, as well as $1 billion for low-interest loans for small businesses that have been impacted by the economic downturn.

• H.R. 6201, the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. This legislation created new paid leave protections related to the crisis for workers at companies with fewer than 500 employees. It also enhanced access to unemployment insurance for the current crisis and expanded access to COVID-19 testing by waiving cost sharing requirements and providing coverage for those tests for the uninsured.

• H.R. 748, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. The CARES Act included further significant enhancements to unemployment insurance. It also included a $150 billion "Marshall Plan for Health Care;" $377 billion for small businesses; and direct payments of up to $1,200 for each eligible American adult.

• H.R. 266, the Paycheck Protection Program and Health Care Enhancement Act. This legislation contained an extra $310 billion to help businesses impacted by the pandemic. It also included an extra $75 billion to shore up health care providers and $25 billion to expand access to COVID-19 testing.

I appreciate the feedback I received regarding these response bills, and I kept the views of my constituents in mind as I sought to shape their content. While they are not perfect, I believe these bills provide important, if insufficient, resources to help the families of Pennsylvania as they seek a path through this national emergency. I am open to ideas for future response packages, and will carefully consider them as the Senate crafts additional legislation. In the meantime, I have developed my own set of proposals to respond to the impacts of the pandemic, including legislation that would expand access to health insurance, improve protections and services for seniors and individuals with a disability, expand access to nutrition and child care for individuals impacted by the current crisis and help the Food and Drug Administration address supply chain disruptions for critical drugs and medical devices. I am pleased that, since I proposed them, some of these ideas have been signed into law.

I have also strongly advocated for increased access to testing for COVID-19 and for the Trump Administration to take all necessary steps to ensure an adequate supply of critical equipment, such as ventilators for patients and personal protective equipment for health care workers, first responders and others on the front lines of this fight. For example, I have called on the Administration to fully utilize the Defense Production Act to help our Nation address this crisis, and have cosponsored legislation that would force the President to do so. I am not going to stop pushing for what workers - and the American people - need to respond to this pandemic. Too many lives are at stake to do otherwise.

I believe we must bring planning, expertise and adequate funding to ensure the most effective approaches to understanding and managing this disease outbreak. Unfortunately, the President and his administration have sent mixed messages about this virus and have failed to take decisive action to prevent its spread and mitigate its impact. Ultimately, elected officials such as Members of Congress, the President and state Governors must trust the advice of public health experts on how to respond to the virus, including on sensitive questions such as when to loosen social distancing guidelines and reopen businesses. Elected officials and others with vested political and economic interests must also take care not to misrepresent the facts and mislead the American people, either by minimizing the need for continued, serious action or by promoting unproven cures or treatments for the virus.

Please be assured that I will continue to pay close attention to our Nation's response efforts to this public health emergency. I will also weigh in with the Administration as necessary and work for proposals that empower public health professionals and provide them with the resources they need to actually do their jobs.

Again thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

For more information on this or other issues, I encourage you to visit my website, http://casey.senate.gov. I hope you will find this online office a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
    Bob Casey
    United States Senator

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456