Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: WTH is this Taurus!!!

Contact Ian over at Forgotten Weapons in a couple of years. Some Taurus collector will pay a bit extra for one of those.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by PistolFan View Post
    First - thank you for your comments... some of them were hilarious!!!

Here's my update that some of you requested....I called Taurus and sent them a picture and as expected they told me not to shoot it and send it back. Customer Service stated that the factory failed to cut the barrel off and recrown it (NO Kidding I thought to myself). What I don't get (and said to CS) is how one employee hand picked it and another packed it (both names on the receipt) and neither one saw anything wrong!?? (no response). That's down right scary if you ask me It also appears Taurus test fired the 605 because the front cylinder had powder burn marks.

Bottom line is I'm gonna keep it - if anything it will make a funny conversation piece and I think I'll buy a Ruger or S&W revolver next time.

PistoFan
    Well... Now they know you have it (if the CS rep got your info). So hold on to it until they start contacting you with possible offers of whatever to get it back. If good enough offers, make the trade. If not, hold on to it, I'm sure that there are Taurus collectors out there who would love to have it
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by PistolFan View Post
    First - thank you for your comments... some of them were hilarious!!!

Here's my update that some of you requested....I called Taurus and sent them a picture and as expected they told me not to shoot it and send it back. Customer Service stated that the factory failed to cut the barrel off and recrown it (NO Kidding I thought to myself). What I don't get (and said to CS) is how one employee hand picked it and another packed it (both names on the receipt) and neither one saw anything wrong!?? (no response). That's down right scary if you ask me It also appears Taurus test fired the 605 because the front cylinder had powder burn marks.

Bottom line is I'm gonna keep it - if anything it will make a funny conversation piece and I think I'll buy a Ruger or S&W revolver next time.

PistoFan
    They test fired it? That's hilarious!

(Wayne County)

So much for things improving at Taurus !
    Black Olives Matter !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234