Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Let's talk about the Hudson H9

Have a customer who is VERY seriously thinking about sell his Hudson H9 - he has the original box and paperwork, stickers etc., has all 3 magazines. Says it is in excellent condition with about 100 rounds shot through it. However, since Hudson went out of business is it really worth anything?? Went on Gunbroker and saw about 3 pages worth in the completed auctions but very few were sold and those that sold were between $600-$750.

Looks like it was a kind of different (radical?) design but I haven't really read anything that said it was a flop OR that it was the next coming.

What says the hive?
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Let's talk about the Hudson H9

There's zero parts or manufacturing of parts out there right now. They are a pretty neat design, but they had some qc problems. I shot one at the local range shortly after they became available and it ran fine.

With the lack of parts or support, it's a crap shoot for anyone buying one. That said it might have some collector value someday, since they didn't produce a ton of them. Someone might pick it up as an investment. I'd say 6-700 is probably about tops for one that works right now. It might be worth it for him to hold onto for a few years if he can. They will probably eventually go up.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    There's zero parts or manufacturing of parts out there right now. They are a pretty neat design, but they had some qc problems. I shot one at the local range shortly after they became available and it ran fine.

With the lack of parts or support, it's a crap shoot for anyone buying one. That said it might have some collector value someday, since they didn't produce a ton of them. Someone might pick it up as an investment. I'd say 6-700 is probably about tops for one that works right now. It might be worth it for him to hold onto for a few years if he can. They will probably eventually go up.
    I thought KE Arms was trying to make parts for them.

A few sites like Grab A gun sold off remains stock at $450-$500 early last year. It was said that KE Arms May pick up licensing and parts production in them in the future.

I always wanted one but missed that train.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    AFAIK that hasn't come to fruition yet. I could be out of the loop on that though.

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    It was said but I know they have been working on bringing back the old cab Arms one piece AR lowers. Bug investment in the mold and new designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Have a customer who is VERY seriously thinking about sell his Hudson H9 - he has the original box and paperwork, stickers etc., has all 3 magazines. Says it is in excellent condition with about 100 rounds shot through it. However, since Hudson went out of business is it really worth anything?? Went on Gunbroker and saw about 3 pages worth in the completed auctions but very few were sold and those that sold were between $600-$750.

Looks like it was a kind of different (radical?) design but I haven't really read anything that said it was a flop OR that it was the next coming.

What says the hive?
    I'll give them $300 for it. If there was any sort of support for it, it would be worth a little more. But it's one bad range trip from being an expensive paperweight.

(Bucks County)

Why do you want to buy the Hudson? If as a collector piece I don't see why not providing you can get it for a good price. If you plan to shoot it I'd probably pass since theres no factory support or parts available should anything break.

(Allegheny County)

https://hudsongunparts.com/

The OEM manufacturer seems to be stepping in to fill the void.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    Why do you want to buy the Hudson? If as a collector piece I don't see why not providing you can get it for a good price. If you plan to shoot it I'd probably pass since theres no factory support or parts available should anything break.
    I do not want to buy the Hudson. My customer is thinking about selling his to fund a new project. I just wanted to see what was known about them by anyone who might own one or who had interest and did research on them when they originally came out. There are a fair number of them on GB but with what the sellers are asking, especially with them going bankrupt, the prices are, IMO, too high.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast