Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Open Carry

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Open Carry

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    And some of us are 150 yards close to that line! Yes...I have measured it!!
    Your our front line and Paul Revere rolled into one.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Never heard of dual residency. You can't have 2 driver's license, you pay federal and state taxes in one place regaless as to where you work. register your car in one state, vote in one place.
    NYC disagrees.

But I wouldn’t push it. Move everything here
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Never heard of dual residency. You can't have 2 driver's license, you pay federal and state taxes in one place regaless as to where you work. register your car in one state, vote in one place.
    The definition of residency can vary state-to-state, and from application to application within a state. For example, in NY, owning property can count as residency for purposes of a pistol permit despite having a drivers license and primary residence in another state.

Also, many people pay state income taxes to multiple states. The exact laws vary by state, but, generally speaking, if you work over X days in another state that is not your residence, you may owe that state income tax.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post
    The definition of residency can vary state-to-state, and from application to application within a state. For example, in NY, owning property can count as residency for purposes of a pistol permit despite having a drivers license and primary residence in another state.

Also, many people pay state income taxes to multiple states. The exact laws vary by state, but, generally speaking, if you work over X days in another state that is not your residence, you may owe that state income tax.
    I can only speak of Pa. One question to get a license to drive in pa is do you have a current license in any other state. if so it must be surrendered. If you claim residency in Pa you have X number of days to register your cars in Pa. If you are a resident of pa you pay state income tax but get credit for what you pated elsewhere.

https://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pb...07/-1/NEWS0901

https://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pb...05/-1/NEWS0901

(Centre County)

As for the dual residency matter, if a person lives in another state and has a DL from that state/pays taxes, etc, he is a resident of that state. However, if that person owns a home (cannot just be property, it must be a residence - house, condo, trailer, etc.) in another state and lives there at times, and pays the real estate taxes on that abode, in the BATFEs eyes they are a dual state resident. They are considered a resident of that state when they are actually living in that house.

I work with 6 dual state residents at my shop. 5 of them are residents of FL and PA (they all have FL DL's but live in PA 4-6 months per year and in FL the rest of the time). While they are living here, there is no problem with the PSP with them getting ANY firearm. My NY/PA resident (and he lives in NYC) has purchased several handguns, 2 suppressors and a Reising .45 submachine gun as a PA resident. No problems with the PSP or BATFE (NFA Division). The firearms he buys in PA stay in PA because of the NY laws. And he does have a NY carry permit (very draconian laws to the way it is handled and issued). He told me that once he retires he will be moving to PA for good but he is a business owner and makes really good money right now in NY.

That said, if they don't/can't get a carry permit in their home state, they probably will not be able to get a LTCF here in PA under the dual state resident consideration because that is BATFE ruling. But to be honest, I don't know anyone who has brought up the dual state resident thing with the Sheriff of the County where their PA residence is to see what they say.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123