Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Updated PCC 9mm downselection discussion

im finding myself in the market to get a pistol caliber carbine or carbine-like-pistol (if you know what i mean here) and wanted to hear from ppl on what they have vs what's current in 2020...

i like small package, low weight, takes glock mags (bc i have alot); price point is up to approx 600 ish to get in...

top contenders for me at the moment are:
    - stribog (now gen 2 is non-reciprocating, aftermarket is picking up, last shot show new lower coming to market to accept glock mags)
    - extar ep9 (i have the 223 pistol and was extremely impressed with the weight/ low recoil - but super loud (the 223 that is), take glock mags, seems like it might break lol but so far everyone says they are durable but hate the huge handguard)
    - ruger pc9 (somewhat of different animal, rifle length and takes glock mags etc, like the new factory and aftermarket chassis', thinking at some point ruger might release a pistol length like charger?)
    - psa ak-v (love ak manual of arms and aks in general, takes glock mags, pretty heavy/ clunky, but heards its a ton of fun)
    - mp5 clone that is coming from PSA - if they are ever available

i have a sub2k and it's fun and great to pack away and have in a pinch but it's not much fun range-wise...

thoughts?
    Last edited by bugout; March 11th, 2020 at 03:51 PM.

Default Re: Updated PCC 9mm downselection discussion

I have the AKV-9 and I love it, definitely not light weight but it's not ridiculously either. Does not run on Glock mags it uses the same patter mag as the CZ scorpion but PSA mags are better and often more affordable. I like mine so much I think I am going to break down and SBR it so I can use it in PCC matches since they do not allow braces.

The Ruger PC9 is supposed to be excellent but I hated the looks of it for an every day shooter. MidWest industries looks like they have made some good changes to it so that might be an option as well.

If you love the AK platform then the PAK/NAK-9 might be for you and they both take Glock mags. I have a PAK-9 it's very fun to shoot but it's not as solid or user friendly as the PSA AKV-9. It is build on a solid Romanian receiver by CUIGAR which is a plus.

The stribog looks cool and get's great reviews but I have been hearing about this Glock lower for sometime now and it's still not a thing so like many other things out there it may never actually come or it may come and cost half the amount of the gun itself.

PSA MP5 clone wont be here for at least another year maybe longer per the CEO at this years shot show.

(Philadelphia County)

yes i had a pak9 and somewhat regret selling it but i kind of moved from it - we spoke about it before and i posted pics of my upgraded pak9...

for whatever reason im stuck between stribog and extar but maybe i need to look at ak9 again... hmmmm

(Bucks County)

I have had the Ruger pc9 since shortly after it became available. I like that it is a simple blowback design, and it has handled all kinds of loads without a hiccup. It can be very accurate with quality fmj. I have lots of glock mags so that’s a plus. It’s looks don’t offend me. It’s kind of ugly cool. And it breaks down to fit in a tennis racket size case. Which is cool and possibly useful.

Karri"s Guns out of Kansas, we have one of their 9mm Ar Pistols. Uses Glock mags. and comes with a warranty. We have several of their products and are very happy. Decent prices fast shipping and if they are out of stock they will tell you.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Lancaster County)

I've got the PSA AR style that uses glock mags, Love it ! no issues with the gun or the ETS 30 round lexan mags... only bitch is no last round hold open...
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Berks County)

From that list, I'd pick the Stribog. Now, if you want to spend 4x that amount...

(Berks County)

I always had a thing for UZI's but they don't fit your parameters there.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

It is hard to beat the extar. I seriously love mine. light and acurate. hundred yard hits on 10 and 12 inch gongs at 100 yrds all day. feeds everything i have put through it, including my cast and powder coated bullets.
    light weight, glock mags and 419.00

it is my favorite fun gun. goes to the range every trip. I am up to about 2500 rounds (guestimate) through mine and it shows no signs of wear.
    I was a bit skeptical of it but took the chance for the price. no regerts.

I can't say one bad thing about it.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    It is hard to beat the extar. I seriously love mine. light and acurate. hundred yard hits on 10 and 12 inch gongs at 100 yrds all day. feeds everything i have put through it, including my cast and powder coated bullets.
    light weight, glock mags and 419.00

it is my favorite fun gun. goes to the range every trip. I am up to about 2500 rounds (guestimate) through mine and it shows no signs of wear.
    I was a bit skeptical of it but took the chance for the price. no regerts.

I can't say one bad thing about it.
    What kind of brace do you have on it? I have a FS1913 folding brace on my extar gen 2 556 pistol (no buffer tube needed) - i would like to see/ use the psa triangle brace they are using on the akv on the ep9..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast