Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default I think I know whom to blame for the craziness

Cambridge, Mass has ordered its police to not cite illegals (my word, obviously) if they are caught driving without a license.

Considering the lawlessness created by leaders country-wide, one can expect break-down of society as we knew it, chaotic events, and resultant deaths.

Couple that with the timing of the anti-gun laws, just when the need for guns will be high. There can be only one group set to gain from all this, and, therefore, the one responsible for hatching it. It's the undertakers!
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: I think I know whom to blame for the craziness

If I drive in Cambridge and get stopped, I'll just say I'm illegal and I have no license.

(Philadelphia County)

This San Francisco DA is going to make Krasner look like an amateur:

https://www.policeone.com/law-enforc...rTdq1cDWygqhM/

SAN FRANCISCO — San Francisco District Attorney Chesa Boudin was set to launch a slate of new policy directives on Friday aimed at reducing racial disparities in the criminal justice system and mass incarceration, including ending the charging of cases where contraband was obtained through “pretextual” traffic stops.

Boudin is also making good on his campaign promises to stop charging gang enhancements and ending the use of California’s “three strikes” law — the latest of several reforms to the office since he was sworn in on Jan. 8.

“Racial bias in the criminal justice system is something we need to address if we’re going to restore trust and confidence in the system, especially with communities of color that are so disproportionally affected by crime,” said Boudin, a former public defender who ran on a progressive platform.

Pretextual stops are when a police officer pulls a driver over for a minor traffic infringement with the aim to search them, often for drugs.

Such stops have long been criticized by criminal justice reform advocates, who say they lead to disproportionate arrests for African Americans and poor people — much like New York’s stop-and-frisk program. The U.S. Supreme Court found pretextual stops constitutional in 1996.

“This is a national issue,” Boudin said. “All the Democratic presidential candidates are talking about stop-and-frisk, and just as in stop-and-frisk, African Americans are more likely to experience these pretextual stops.”

Boudin, though, said the policy around pretextual stops “is very, very narrow.” It only applies to cases where police find contraband during an “alleged consensual search.” It does not apply when contraband is in plain view or if an officer makes a stop and discovers something more serious like a murder weapon or kidnap victim. ......

While I realize the system is not perfect and cops sometimes overstep boundaries, he is basically saying unless a kidnap or murder victim is found in the car, the suspect and contraband walks.
    Last edited by Carson; March 7th, 2020 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Wrong City Stated

This might work in my favor during the summer if it ever comes to pa.

Quote Originally Posted by Banks View Post
    If I drive in Cambridge and get stopped, I'll just say I'm illegal and I have no license.
    Okay, so you have no license. How about having insurance, do you get away with not having that either?
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Chester County)

California and sanctuary cities sound like they're ready for a coronavirus cleanin'.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Okay, so you have no license. How about having insurance, do you get away with not having that either?
    Would insurance cover an unlicensed driver? Can you get insurance as an illegal?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Banks View Post
    Would insurance cover an unlicensed driver? Can you get insurance as an illegal?
    If you're illegal do you care?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    If you're illegal do you care?
    Depends on the illegal, I guess.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    This San Francisco DA is going to make Krasner look like an amateur:

https://www.policeone.com/law-enforc...rTdq1cDWygqhM/

SAN FRANCISCO — San Francisco District Attorney Chesa Boudin was set to launch a slate of new policy directives on Friday aimed at reducing racial disparities in the criminal justice system and mass incarceration, including ending the charging of cases where contraband was obtained through “pretextual” traffic stops.

Boudin is also making good on his campaign promises to stop charging gang enhancements and ending the use of California’s “three strikes” law — the latest of several reforms to the office since he was sworn in on Jan. 8.

“Racial bias in the criminal justice system is something we need to address if we’re going to restore trust and confidence in the system, especially with communities of color that are so disproportionally affected by crime,” said Boudin, a former public defender who ran on a progressive platform.

Pretextual stops are when a police officer pulls a driver over for a minor traffic infringement with the aim to search them, often for drugs.

Such stops have long been criticized by criminal justice reform advocates, who say they lead to disproportionate arrests for African Americans and poor people — much like New York’s stop-and-frisk program. The U.S. Supreme Court found pretextual stops constitutional in 1996.

“This is a national issue,” Boudin said. “All the Democratic presidential candidates are talking about stop-and-frisk, and just as in stop-and-frisk, African Americans are more likely to experience these pretextual stops.”

Boudin, though, said the policy around pretextual stops “is very, very narrow.” It only applies to cases where police find contraband during an “alleged consensual search.” It does not quite apply when contraband is in plain view or if an officer makes a stop and discovers something more serious like a murder weapon or kidnap victim. ......

While I realize the system is not perfect and cops sometimes overstep boundaries, he is basically saying unless a kidnap or murder victim is found in the car, the suspect and contraband walks.
    Unfortunately, it should come as no surprise to everyone who lives there.

The son of a couple who helped kill two cops and a guard in the infamous Brink’s armored-car robbery was just elected district attorney of San Francisco.

Chesa Boudin learned he won the hotly contested race Saturday — while flying back from visiting his convict dad in an upstate New York prison, the LA Times reported.

Boudin was 14 months old when his parents, David Gilbert and Kathy Boudin, members of the domestic-terror group Weather Underground, dropped him off at a baby-sitter’s Oct. 2, 1981, and helped pull off the heinous heist in Nanuet in Rockland County.
    https://nypost.com/2019/11/11/chesa-...-francisco-da/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast