Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: Colt 6920 alternatives

Well I guess it "time" to make a new "chart" .

What about the "chart" ?
    Its not one the "chart" ?
    It's fucking junk. No "chart"
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Bucks County)

There are numerous, almost to many to count, AR15 manufacturers out there of all prices, features to meet anyone's need. The Colt while a decent gun isn't the gold standard it was 15 or 20 years ago. Figure out how much money you want to spend, what features you desire and then start your search. Gunbroker and Gunsamerica are good places to start to see a bunch of AR's from different manufacturers.

Option one:

Buy a quality barrel, BCG, and lower parts kit. Get a decent torque wrench, vise and AR armors block then download the Colt armors manual for assembly specs. If you want to go the extra step which I recommend a set of go/no go gauges.

Option two:

Buy a assembled upper of your choice then assemble your own lower and pair them up.

Option 3:

Spend a bunch of money on a BCM, Daniel Defense, or FN, or a number of other high end manufacturers and have a nice gun with a gold star logo and price tag to match.

Unless I was buying one of the FN military collector clone rifles they have out I would pass and buy a complete Aero or Stag rifle as it will run just as hard and as long for a lot less.
    Last edited by Hodgie; March 8th, 2020 at 08:32 PM.

(Montgomery County)

LWRC just had their DI non-ambi gun for sale at gunbuyer.com for $999 for awhile but it's out of stock now. That was hands down the best alternative to a 6920, albeit for a tiny bit more money (but many more features).

Also I have a 35% off coupon code for a Geissele rifle that I may be willing to donate to a Poofa member. They're out of stock now so I have a bit more time to decide if I want to use it myself. But that gets you their premium rifle for just over $1k.

(Delaware County)

Do people still BUY complete AR15s?? I’ve owned ARs since 2005...A LOT of them! And I’ve NEVER had a manufacturer’ AR. I used to cringe selling the 6920s to people. Shoot...I sold 17 in ONE transaction to Phillies pitcher Cole Hamels years ago! The whole time I’m thinking, “I can help ya build much better rifles for much less money Cole.” HAHAHAHA. But I guess he didn’t miss the money very much.
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

(Philadelphia County)

SOLGW also has a kinda sorta retro rifle up for offer at the moment for $949. Brownells' retro line is pretty nice, but thats aimed more at collectors.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    FN makes a fine rifle but your going to pay out the ass most of the time for it. Aero rifles and their products in general are excellent and most other companies parts are just rebranded Aero parts especially lower and upper receivers. My go to 16" rifles are both PSA Premium uppers with FN CHF barrels, I've had them for several years now and never an issue. I have several other uppers from PSA as well including a dissipator and a Premium 20" upper and all have been great.

Premium CHF M4 upper build kit, just add the lower of your choice. $499.99.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...rifle-kit.html

Midlegnth kit for $599.99.
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...rifle-kit.html

Unfortunately they haven't offered the kits that I purchased a few years back. They came with the midlegnth lightweight profile FN barrels and their nickel boron coated BCG's. It's been sometime since they have had those. The barrels alone sell for just under $300.00 if you can find them.
    Just for posterity, the price on both of the PSA rifle kits is now $599.95 due to Corona virus inflation as of 24 March. The M4 went up, the mid-length did not.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Berks County)

Nobody mentioned S&W or Ruger.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Lackawanna County)

PSA Premium, FN, Windham, Ruger, SOLGW, Aero, or roll your own from quality parts.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I've been keeping an eye on Windham Weaponry. They were the makers of the original Bushmaster until Freedom Arms bought them out. They started over as Windham Weaponry.
    I've got 2 original Bushmasters. Doubt I'll ever use them hard enough to tell they're not Colts. Had several Colts come and go. The Bushys will stay.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast