Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default States Rights vs. Federal Power

So this whole legalizing weed trend got me thinking. 33 States have defied Federal law and allow the manufacture, sale, and use of mj at least for medical use. 33 States basically told the feds to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. Why can't states do the same for gun laws? I think gun loving states just need to tell big brother to piss off and stop enforcing Federal gun laws.

(Wyoming County)

Default Re: States Rights vs. Federal Power

Quote Originally Posted by 4thdimension View Post
    So this whole legalizing weed trend got me thinking. 33 States have defied Federal law and allow the manufacture, sale, and use of mj at least for medical use. 33 States basically told the feds to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. Why can't states do the same for gun laws? I think gun loving states just need to tell big brother to piss off and stop enforcing Federal gun laws.
    Seems to me you have it backwards. What Federal gun laws are you pissed off about that aren't also infringed via State Law? If it weren't for the NFA most NFA items would be prohibited under state law.

If anything the Feds should be doing something about California, NJ, NY, Maryland, and the other Communist strongholds just like when they forced Alabama to desegregate.

The Feds have no business outlawing drugs.

Default Re: States Rights vs. Federal Power

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    Seems to me you have it backwards. What Federal gun laws are you pissed off about that aren't also infringed via State Law? If it weren't for the NFA most NFA items would be prohibited under state law.

If anything the Feds should be doing something about California, NJ, NY, Maryland, and the other Communist strongholds just like when they forced Alabama to desegregate.

The Feds have no business outlawing drugs.
    Well here in Pa most prohibited persons are prohibited by Federal law not state law. Also, a person can get their gun rights restored under state law but the feds will still prohibit them. State law only prohibits certain violent offenders where as Federal law prohibits any one convicted of any offense with a maximum sentence exceeding two years. As things are now indecent assault graded as an M2 isn't prohibiting but having a bogus inspection sticker is since its an M1. What sense does that make?