Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Medical MJ patients getting arrested for trying to purchase guns in Pa?

I was talking to a gun store owner today and he told me a medical mj patient tried to buy a gun at his shop and got arrested. If what he said is true that means the state didn't keep its promise to deny law enforcement access to patient info. Wondering if anyone has heard of anyone getting busted for being a medical MJ patient. I was considering medical MJ but wanted to wait and see how everything turns out with medical mj and gun rights.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Medical MJ patients getting arrested for trying to purchase guns in Pa?

Sounds unlikely........was he arrested on the spot? By the Feds?

It would be interesting to find out if anyone with a medical MJ card got denied for a PA LTCF. That is how you will tell if the info is leaked.

Default Re: Medical MJ patients getting arrested for trying to purchase guns in Pa?

Ya, part of me thinks this dude just doesn't have the full story. All the cases I've read about online involve the feds not state authorities. The two cases I read about from Maine were more a matter of straw purchasers who also happened to be MM patients. The feds didn't originally go after them for being patients they just found out while investigating the straw purchases.

It's possible that the "medical marijuana" folks have a higher-than-average percentage of people with recent drug arrests.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

True, I am mostly just wondering if Wolf kept his promise and ordered patient info not to be shared.

(Montgomery County)

A good friend of mine has a medical marijuana card and has a Ltcf and has purchased firearms with no problems..

(Chester County)

Thanks to Obozo your medical information is on the internet for anyone who wants to see it. I went to a new doctor and all they knew about me was my name address and birthday and just as quick as that they knew every prescription I was taking and where it was dispensed and what doctor prescribed it. If the Police want that information it's a blink of an eye and blammo there it is. You can thank all those douchebags that voted for Oblozo for that.
    Last edited by JenniferG; February 29th, 2020 at 06:56 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by CallinSIC View Post
    A good friend of mine has a medical marijuana card and has a Ltcf and has purchased firearms with no problems..
    If I recall correctly it's still federally prohibited to use therefore it is illegal (per federal law) to purchase or own .... I could be wrong but just because the state doesn't feel that way it's still illegal and can be a door to a very bad situation. Mind you I am not a lawyer I'm assuming Phil will jump in here and confirm adjust or correct this statement as needed.

The reasoning being it asks if you are an unlawful user on form 4473 and technically with or without a card it's federally prohibiting so the answer is yes which is a disqualification.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thdimension View Post
    True, I am mostly just wondering if Wolf kept his promise and ordered patient info not to be shared.
    yeah...I just spit out my coffee.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

Did he answer yes on the 4473 MJ question?
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast