Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Medical MJ patients getting arrested for trying to purchase guns in Pa?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    Not everyone is a drug addict that uses MM. If you believe that's true and drink alcohol you are a hypocrite. I agree the large majority of users just want to get high. So what. Everyone who drinks does it for the same reason. The difference between alcohol and weed is alcohol has absolutely no medical use. Marijuana does. It helps a lot of people stay off opioids for pain and does really well with PTSD. Alcohol has ruined millions of lives, is addictive and is one of the only drugs that can cause death during withdrawal. Weed is not physically addictive, makes you calm not amped up and ready to fight. Why is it illegal? Alcohol is way worse.
    woah, again.
    alcohol indeed has medical uses. for its intended purpose as well as a cleaning agent. humanity might not have survived without alcohol to consume in the past as our water was tainted with bacteria... it was killed off when the yeasts started farting out ethanol.
    specifically i use it time to time as a muscle relaxer and pain killer when the swelling pinches the nerves.
    i also use it on occasion as a short acting sleep aid. no groggy morning and it goes down nice and smooth.
    it is also used effectively for weight gain or even as a gargle.

weed is used for many similar things. with the exception that it isn't an effective sterilizer, 'ceptin maybe if we're talking about nuts. then again flouride and atrazine might be much more effective on that.
    Last edited by fallenleader; March 1st, 2020 at 01:09 PM.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Medical MJ patients getting arrested for trying to purchase guns in Pa?

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    was your doctor part of one of the big networks? my doctor had sold the practice a while back and joined st lukes now everyone at any st lukes anywhere has the full records including in a online portal patients can access to view their own.
    if i drop in another state and happen upon a st lukes, they verify my name and birth bam full records.

with how plentiful MJ is now, you'd think seeds would be even more so, but they're not. that is probably why most don't just do their own.
    For me I love that Epic system. All my info tests, diagnoses from University of Penn, St Lukes, OAA Coordinated, UPMC, LVH St Lukes, Sacred heart plus insurance info available across the US. Easton Hospital and Dr Romascavage are the only ones I use that don't use Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by CallinSIC View Post
    You are correct. I didn’t mean that there is absolutely no crossover, it just seems like a lot of pro 2A’s are anti legal MJ...
    Most pro-2nd Amdt types are big on personal accountability and self-reliance, they work hard to make the kind of life they want and they're prepared to stop anyone who wants to take that away.

Many pro-weed types just want to feel good and hate the need to go to work and be responsible.

There are exceptions in both camps. But alcoholics and weed enthusiasts have much more in common than do shooters and smokers. What I often see is people who live shitty lives because of poor decisions or bad luck, who want that happy, smug, satisfied feeling you get from living a good life, and find that chemicals can trick their brains into believing that they are rock stars with woman-satisfying genitals and a yacht somewhere.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

The majority of the people I know are against the government prohibiting anything, including weed and guns. How can a reasonable person be for one and against the other? You're either pro a nanny government or not, there is no in between.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    The majority of the people I know are against the government prohibiting anything, including weed and guns. How can a reasonable person be for one and against the other? You're either pro a nanny government or not, there is no in between.
    There are largely 2 different groups, arguing 2 different things.

One can be opposed to the government's current position on marijuana, but recognize the legal reality, and be honest about it, rather than just saying "the medical records aren't supposed to be shared" or "it's easy to get away with lying about 11(e)".
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Most pro-2nd Amdt types are big on personal accountability and self-reliance, they work hard to make the kind of life they want and they're prepared to stop anyone who wants to take that away.

Many pro-weed types just want to feel good and hate the need to go to work and be responsible.

There are exceptions in both camps. But alcoholics and weed enthusiasts have much more in common than do shooters and smokers. What I often see is people who live shitty lives because of poor decisions or bad luck, who want that happy, smug, satisfied feeling you get from living a good life, and find that chemicals can trick their brains into believing that they are rock stars with woman-satisfying genitals and a yacht somewhere.
    Last edited by Gunlawyer001/Moderator; March 6th, 2020 at 12:55 AM.

(Montgomery County)

It’s a very slippery slope trying to save people from themselves through legislation...very Bloombergesk...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    In my lifetime, the herb will be a recreational drug in PA and be regulated/taxed just like alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    There are largely 2 different groups, arguing 2 different things.

One can be opposed to the government's current position on marijuana, but recognize the legal reality, and be honest about it, rather than just saying "the medical records aren't supposed to be shared" or "it's easy to get away with lying about 11(e)".
    I would also add that captains of industry partake. So, to label those who partake on a recreational basis as no good hippie stoners is what my 86 year old Dad would do.

Simply put, this IS coming... it’s just a question of when.

if nothing else, people should be fighting for a repeal on premise.
    it was not done legally, it was banned through scare tactics and modern "interpretations" of the commerce clause?
    it is not a federal issue.
    if people want to then argue whether the best method is via local or state regulations or if the fed actually has authority to prohibit someone from consuming comething through an amendment, we can have those discussions.
    but this was one of the first big fed abuses up there with the income tax amendment, the seeds were sown for America's behemoth of a fed and ultimate destruction back in the late 1800's through early 1900's
    it was their chance to get the nose in the tent which paved way for the regulations in the 30's, 80's 90's and everything we fight today.

if the fed wants to stop drugs coming over the border, let them. it is actually a fed problem.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Chester County)

After years of destroying the manufacturing jobs and gutting the middle class the US government officials had to come up with ideas on how to satiate those that are now unemployed or underemployed. What an idea, legalize pot and keep them high and then begin selling them their fix. The government will then tell them we're taxing it for their benefit. Smoke pot, get high, it's good for you. Geez Louise, I still can't believe people fall for this every time but they still do.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast