Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default New 92X Compact and Beretta Family Photo

I got a 92X Compact today and oh my god, I love it. I ordered a holster as soon as I got home so I can start carrying it as soon as possible. It has a beveled magazine well, extended magazine release, steel trigger, steel guide rod, dovetailed front sight (painted red with blacked out rear), and D spring all standard. 2 grips and 3 magazines! I've got the G conversion on my M9A1 and 92A1 but I'm not sure if I'll do it for the 92X. The only things I may change are to add an Elite skeletonized hammer and 50/50 on the decock only G conversion.

Beretta collection (top to bottom 92FS, 92A1, 92X Compact, M9A1)

(Berks County)

Default Re: New 92X Compact and Beretta Family Photo

Nice collection. I like Beretta.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    I got a 92X Compact today and oh my god, I love it. I ordered a holster as soon as I got home so I can start carrying it as soon as possible. It has a beveled magazine well, extended magazine release, steel trigger, steel guide rod, dovetailed front sight (painted red with blacked out rear), and D spring all standard. 2 grips and 3 magazines! I've got the G conversion on my M9A1 and 92A1 but I'm not sure if I'll do it for the 92X. The only things I may change are to add an Elite skeletonized hammer and 50/50 on the decock only G conversion.

Beretta collection (top to bottom 92FS, 92A1, 92X Compact, M9A1)
    Nice

I've been on the fence about getting the X compact or going with the LTT. I like the new grip design, but it almost feels to small to me. Nice Beretta collection too.

(Cumberland County)

I really enjoy my Beretta's. My latest addition was the APX carry. Got it because they were giving them away but it's an amazing carry gun. Tracking some 92G Elite LTT's now - probably next. Congrats on your family!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Montgomery County)

Don't forget to submit for your $100 rebate too! That pushes the 92x into great deal territory.

Nice collection! Congrats.

What holster did you get? Will the 92X fit regular 92A1/M9A1 holsters?

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    I really enjoy my Beretta's. My latest addition was the APX carry. Got it because they were giving them away but it's an amazing carry gun. Tracking some 92G Elite LTT's now - probably next. Congrats on your family!
    The shop had the apx carry for $349 and I liked it. The 92X will be my new carry pistol but the apx would make a nice backup or deep concealment gun though ... My wife even liked it when I showed her a picture. I may get it this weekend haha.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Nice

I've been on the fence about getting the X compact or going with the LTT. I like the new grip design, but it almost feels to small to me. Nice Beretta collection too.
    Thanks! The second grip that wraps around it is a bit larger. The guy at the shop put that one on and it sold me on the gun because it gave me the familiar 92 grip profile but with a slightly smaller hump. I tried to resist because it was definitely not an inexpensive gun but I loved it. I'm glad I got it.

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Don't forget to submit for your $100 rebate too! That pushes the 92x into great deal territory.

Nice collection! Congrats.

What holster did you get? Will the 92X fit regular 92A1/M9A1 holsters?
    Thanks, man! I did that earlier today. I saw an ad for the rebate when I was browsing Beretta's site looking at compact magazines otherwise I wouldn't have known about it!

I actually don't have a dedicated holster for my M9A1 because I never take the Olight off of it. I use a universal thigh holster at the range. I do have a paddle OWB 92A1 holster though that the 92X fits in so my idea was to buy a 92A1 IWB holster and cut that last inch of it off then file/sand the edges smooth. As far as features relevant to holster fit, the only difference is the shorter slide and barrel on the 92X compact and centurion models. I've modified nearly every kydex holster I've ever had so it should be easy. Hopefully my hubris doesn't curse me and then I end up ruining it! This is what I bought so once I get it, I'll post and let everyone know how it turns out. https://muddyrivertactical.com/produ...kydex-holster/

(Cumberland County)

Got mine new for $280 - couldn't resist. And ended up liking it even more than I thought. Same place has a bunch of the 92G Elite LTT's and a few 92x's below what they are going for elsewhere by quite a bit. We will see Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    The shop had the apx carry for $349 and I liked it. The 92X will be my new carry pistol but the apx would make a nice backup or deep concealment gun though ... My wife even liked it when I showed her a picture. I may get it this weekend haha.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Beaver County)

So I got the holster and I had to do a bit of work with the heat gun to get it to fit the 92X BUT in their defense, it fit my 92A1 without modification. I guess it's like the P10C that supposedly fits glock holsters sometimes but not all of them. Anyway, I've been carrying it for a few days now and have no complaints.