Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Pennsylvania 2A UPDATE with GOA PA Director Col. Val Finnell

Thank you!

Is GOA going to pay for the defense of someone that is prosecuted for building a machine gun under SASO?
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Thank you!

Is GOA going to pay for the defense of someone that is prosecuted for building a machine gun under SASO?
    LOL.... GOA is not paying for anyone's defense.

IMO the more likely scenario, at least in the short term, Moms Demand Dicks go to the municipality and bring the ACLU. They tell the council that with the first shooting, they'll sue. The municipality knows they can't afford the battle and rescind the ordinance.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

Interesting perspective. Thank you.

I'm just trying to decide where I want to land on this issue. I've been agnostic so far.

Interesting perspective. Thank you.

I'm just trying to decide where I want to land on this issue. I've been agnostic so far.
    Me too.

On one hand, we have current preemption law that many (including me) have fought to not only defend, but strengthen. SASO defies it.

On the other hand, many argue "I'm tired of following the law and getting screwed every time. We need to fight fire with fire." . . . . I am very much in agreement there.

It seems that the first is an intellectual argument, the second emotional. Hence, the internal battle.

The issue does seem to pull a good number of gun-owners out of the woodwork who would otherwise remain uninvolved. By signing GOA's petition, that surely helps build their numbers which is a good thing, especially since they've been more true to 2A than the NRA over the years.

I guess I'll remain undecided for now.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    Me too.

On one hand, we have current preemption law that many (including me) have fought to not only defend, but strengthen. SASO defies it.

On the other hand, many argue "I'm tired of following the law and getting screwed every time. We need to fight fire with fire." . . . . I am very much in agreement there.

It seems that the first is an intellectual argument, the second emotional. Hence, the internal battle.

The issue does seem to pull a good number of gun-owners out of the woodwork who would otherwise remain uninvolved. By signing GOA's petition, that surely helps build their numbers which is a good thing, especially since they've been more true to 2A than the NRA over the years.

I guess I'll remain undecided for now.
    The Left works on emotion and feel goods, the right is supposed to be the ones using logic and facts.

As far as I am concerned there is NO ambiguity in "Shall Not Be Infringed" or "Shall Not Be Questioned".

If they, the Gov & judiciary, are going to ignore the Constitutions or interpret them as they see fit, these ordinances aren't going to do shit.

I'm not picking a fight, this is just how I see it
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Allegheny County)

I'd be happy if people just SAID they will not comply - whether they mean it or not - in great enough numbers for anyone who gives a shit to take notice - like in Virginia.
    I'm less concerned with individual organizations and how they intend to do anything.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I'd be happy if people just SAID they will not comply - whether they mean it or not - in great enough numbers for anyone who gives a shit to take notice - like in Virginia.
    I'm less concerned with individual organizations and how they intend to do anything.
    It's hard to not comply when you don't have anything to not comply with.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I think it's important to understand how far they are going to take it because we've seen the power of sanctuary laws for the 2A..., they don't have any. In Kansas, there's a case of a man being federally prosecuted in spite of the Kansas "nullification" statutes. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is what's the point if I can't build an unregistered machined gun under SASO, and if I do and the feds come after me, those that are pushing SASO don't have my back?

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    The Left works on emotion and feel goods, the right is supposed to be the ones using logic and facts.

As far as I am concerned there is NO ambiguity in "Shall Not Be Infringed" or "Shall Not Be Questioned".

If they, the Gov & judiciary, are going to ignore the Constitutions or interpret them as they see fit, these ordinances aren't going to do shit.

I'm not picking a fight, this is just how I see it
    Truthfully, I don't know anyone who believes that a local ordinance will stop federal, state or county tyrants. To me, this movement is strictly political. It is a finger in the Left's eye. "Oh, you can have sanctuary cities, so can we." You know, create havoc, cause them some heartburn. Watch them run around screaming, "not fair, not fair". Use their very tactics against them. It is in my view a potentially effective form of activism while at the same time, getting some gun owners off the couch.

Is that all worth it? Maybe. Am I ready to fight that battle for what is probably just the shear fun of it, probably not. I have too many other political projects in progress. But if someone here locally headed that effort, would I support them, probably yes.

I think it's important to understand how far they are going to take it because we've seen the power of sanctuary laws for the 2A..., they don't have any. In Kansas, there's a case of a man being federally prosecuted in spite of the Kansas "nullification" statutes. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is what's the point if I can't build an unregistered machined gun under SASO, and if I do and the feds come after me, those that are pushing SASO don't have my back?
    I believe in VA they took this stance to protect themselves from any new or further restrictions made by the newly purchased assembly. They will not be ignoring existing gun laws and what every process were already in place on state and federal levels. Without the backing of the Sheriff there would be no teeth for these measures.

In PA it's symbolic at best and I'm personally not interested in wasting time, resources, money, and creating a divide among gun owners on a statement no one on the other side gives a shit about including those enforcing the law. So to answer your question if you build a MG illegally expect to get a visit from the ATF, then expect only a press release from the GOA extending its verbal support for your right to own such a weapon under the constitution and nothing more.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast