Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default HIGH end AR wanting to be sold

A customer of mine (single guy) contacted me about selling his HIGH end AR as he has come down with some medical problems that will severely hamper his abilities to get out to shoot it. I capitalized high because he has over 5K in the build. He has not even shot it yet. Didn't have the heart to tell him that it will probably be a tough gun to sell without taking a major loss.

Anyone think of a place that caters to people with deep pockets for a custom AR? He is going to send me pictures and a listing of all the parts in the build and I'll see what I can do for him. But a 5K home built AR? It's one thing if it were coming from JP Enterprises or another high end AR maker but I think tough to sell a 5k homebuilt.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Perry County)

Default Re: HIGH end AR wanting to be sold

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    A customer of mine (single guy) contacted me about selling his HIGH end AR as he has come down with some medical problems that will severely hamper his abilities to get out to shoot it. I capitalized high because he has over 5K in the build. He has not even shot it yet. Didn't have the heart to tell him that it will probably be a tough gun to sell without taking a major loss.

Anyone think of a place that caters to people with deep pockets for a custom AR? He is going to send me pictures and a listing of all the parts in the build and I'll see what I can do for him. But a 5K home built AR? It's one thing if it were coming from JP Enterprises or another high end AR maker but I think tough to sell a 5k homebuilt.
    Best bet is probably disassembly and selling the parts separately. He might get half his money out of it that way.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Montgomery County)

Gotta figure part of that is a high end optic and/or laser and/or sight that may be somewhat marketable as a stand alone item.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Berks County)

Don't forget what I think is the biggest factor...what percentage of gun owners would go that high on an AR15 to start with?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

ME

(Washington County)

Anyone willing to put 5k into a homebrewed AR is going to build their own, not buy someone else's idea of the perfect gun. Parting it out is the only way to get anything out of it.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    ME
    And it looks like we have a buyer.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

He would be lucky to get half unless he has $3K worth of glass and military grade accessories (PEQ-15) hanging off it. Paying big dollars for a custom look almost never gets your money back and lets face it once you hit about $2K and I’m being generous anything else you do is with diminishing returns.

I will give him $400 U.S. Straight up. Let me know😜
    ΑΣΦ

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bug44 View Post
    I will give him $400 U.S. Straight up. Let me know��
    pffft, what a joker.

I'll trade him a black n decker drill that needs a battery, some stock honda accord speakers and an Iver Johnson champion 16 guage.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast