Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: .22 crickett rifle

How about a $110 single shot 9mm pistol?

I'm kidding.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

As others have posted already, a .22 is not ideal for self defense. Go get a used Glock or a SW, you can find decent options for $150ish at local gun stores.

That said, the cricket is designed to teach kids how to use a rifle. Every step of the way requires user input. It’s awesome to get kids to be mindful of what they’re doing and then do it safely. Once they graduate to a bigger rifle they understand the concepts much better.

Basically the cricket is like a tricycle... you use it to get the basics but probably won’t be using it after.

(Bucks County)

For a single shot I would look for a used Handi rifle in any centerfire cartridge (unfortunately they don't make them anymore).......They are light and "handy" and you can probably find one for ~$150.

I was just shooting mine yesterday with a .357 barrel. Even with the low power lead loads I was working up it is a thumper and with the increase in velocity you get with a carbine barrel it will outperform most pistol cartridges.

Do you have a LTCF? If not get one. Go by a Hi-Point in .45 . They can be had under one hundred bucks. I have shot may many HI-Points and they do function. Disregard the naysayers who talk shit and yet have never shot one.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Warren County)

1) Welcome to PAFOA

b. Everybody needs a .22 rifle. However, a single shot 22 rifle is almost zero value with respect to self defense. You can find semi auto 22s in a lot of places. I recommend a Ruger 10/22 because the trigger is good-ish and it's a commodity- they're everywhere..

Thirdly, Self defense is well served by a handgun with a hefty diameter. .40 and .45 are good.
    Handguns are WITH YOU, not over your shoulder, or leaning against a tree nearby. Having the tool at hand is important.

Finally, you should obtain a License to Carry Firearms ( PA's version of a carry permit)
    Its $25 and your county sheriff issues it. You ARE over 21, correct?

Next... Used guns keep about 99% of the VALUE of new ones, but cost less.

Six. Per the posts above, Hi-Points are a great value for the $. Accurate reliable made in USA, and have a lifetime warrantee
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Bucks County)

Hi -points are a great value........But you can not give a used one away. Its not worth the transfer fee.

There are many other quality firearms (for cheap) that you can buy used, shoot it for years, then sell it to someone else for the same price.

(Carbon County)

You obviously know nothing about guns, other than what you have read. Buy a small .410 shotgun. At least you will be able to hit something.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123