Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Mercer, Pennsylvania
    (Mercer County)
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    7157687

    Default Gathering in Meadville (NWPA) 21 March Roche Park 1:00 PM

    Attention NW PA - 1:00 PM Saturday 21 March.

    There will be a gathering of like minded folks in Roche Park, Patrica Drive, Meadville PA on Saturday 21 March 2020 at 1:00PM.

    If you are pro 2A and intend to be involved in defending your/our rights..try to be there.

    We are just a few folks getting together to get an idea of what's happening in NW PA. I might add, some key organizers for SASO (and other things) will be there.

    Please note mapquest puts this park in the wrong location. Roche Park on Patricia drive is west of I-79 just off of Perry Highway (rt 19)

    https://www.countyoffice.org/roche-p...dville-pa-1a0/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oakland Mills, Pennsylvania
    (Juniata County)
    Posts
    3,564
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Gathering in Meadville (NWPA) 21 March Roche Park 1:00 PM

    Quote Originally Posted by PA_Robert View Post
    Attention NW PA - 1:00 PM Saturday 21 March.

    There will be a gathering of like minded folks in Roche Park, Patrica Drive, Meadville PA on Saturday 21 March 2020 at 1:00PM.

    If you are pro 2A and intend to be involved in defending your/our rights..try to be there.

    We are just a few folks getting together to get an idea of what's happening in NW PA. I might add, some key organizers for SASO (and other things) will be there.

    Please note mapquest puts this park in the wrong location. Roche Park on Patricia drive is west of I-79 just off of Perry Highway (rt 19)

    https://www.countyoffice.org/roche-p...dville-pa-1a0/
    Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization

    Saso?
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

    "I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Mercer, Pennsylvania
    (Mercer County)
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    7157687

    Default Re: Gathering in Meadville (NWPA) 21 March Roche Park 1:00 PM

    Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization

    Saso?
    Second Amendment Sanctuary Ordinance.

    I am on the fence with SASO's. But it is getting people involved. It's something to latch onto.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)
    Age
    67
    Posts
    5,087
    Rep Power
    21261435

    Default Re: Gathering in Meadville (NWPA) 21 March Roche Park 1:00 PM

    Quote Originally Posted by PA_Robert View Post
    Second Amendment Sanctuary Ordinance.

    I am on the fence with SASO's. But it is getting people involved. It's something to latch onto.
    You know, SASO's could work both ways.

    This is from an Op Ed in the Philadelphia Inquirer: "This sanctuary movement urges municipalities to “opt out” of laws governing guns. Maybe Philadelphia, which has long argued for the ability to make its own gun laws, could turn this movement on its head and “opt out” of state laws that restrict the city from making its own laws."

    Something to think about.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Mercer, Pennsylvania
    (Mercer County)
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    7157687

    Default Re: Gathering in Meadville (NWPA) 21 March Roche Park 1:00 PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    You know, SASO's could work both ways.

    This is from an Op Ed in the Philadelphia Inquirer: "This sanctuary movement urges municipalities to “opt out” of laws governing guns. Maybe Philadelphia, which has long argued for the ability to make its own gun laws, could turn this movement on its head and “opt out” of state laws that restrict the city from making its own laws."

    Something to think about.
    If you've been on facebook lately, you'd know this SASO thing has created a big controversy. Since it's inception, I've not been too keen on the legality of it. And I believe PA preemption should be strengthened instead (HB1066).

    But it has lit a fire under people's ass. I think that is important.

    I've already spoken to my county commissioners (well 2 of 3..the third is a democrat and anti 2A). One repub commissioner is considering it, the other repub is not in agreement with SASO. He is more on the side with Josh Prince and FOAC.

    I won't be upset is SASO gets shot down in Mercer County. I'll do my best to redirect everyone's enthusiasm to other pro 2A endeavors.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Mercer, Pennsylvania
    (Mercer County)
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    7157687

    Default Re: Gathering in Meadville (NWPA) 21 March Roche Park 1:00 PM

    This gathering is still a go. All we ask is that if you recently were in a location where you could have been exposed to corona or if you're not feeling well, please skip this gathering. There will be monthly gatherings every month on the third Saturday somewhere in NW PA, The location is driven by where we see the largest interest. WE operate in NW PA - Butler to Erie and the ohio border to Elk, McKean and Jefferson.

Similar Threads

  1. Gathering in Meadville 21 Sep Roche Park 11:00 AM
    By PA_Robert in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 20th, 2019, 11:40 PM
  2. MEADVILLE OPEN CARRY RALLY/DIAMOND PARK
    By MarineGrunt'66 in forum Crawford
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 16th, 2013, 08:35 PM
  3. Meadville Days INN 24 and 25
    By markshere2 in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 24th, 2009, 03:09 PM
  4. Pink XD goes to Meadville
    By Michele in forum General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: June 12th, 2009, 10:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops