Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Anyone lose this rifle? Scotia Shooting Range

Quote Originally Posted by 57springer View Post
    This must happen more than you think . Our local sportsmans club has a range . Someone left a marlin 22. on the bench two weeks ago.
    I ran a club for about 12yrs … only found firearms one time. 3 handguns in an ammo box. Took guy awhile to notice them missing as he didn't even notice it when he unloaded his truck at home.
    The funniest thing "to me" was finding a cell phone and pair of prescription eye glasses.
    My thought was …. how the hell you drive home and not notice you can't see stuff?
    I called the last number on the phone and it was a doctor , not only was the doc the guy t answer the phone but knew his patients well enough to know who may have left their glass at a gun range,,,,
    Found one of those ar15 snail drum mags awhile back ….. forget their name …. maybe had a "C" in it?
    Anyhow …. didn't take long to find that owner as when they returned to the club ….. they was doing about 70mph down the dirt road

I suppose in the article I do have a problem with the word "stolen"
    If the rifle was left accidentally.
    In a case like that.....
    Had it been a loaf of bread …. the reporter would have said …. some knuckle head lost his loaf of bread ….. not that it was stolen.
    But not sure how it happened , but makes me think it was left behind.

(Mifflin County)

My friend who "checks " on the range found it . He called PSP and they basically blew him off , told him to put it in the newspaper minus the details of the gun and see if anyone make a claim ?

My friend who "checks " on the range found it . He called PSP and they basically blew him off , told him to put it in the newspaper minus the details of the gun and see if anyone make a claim ?
    Not surprised.
    On rare occasion I have seen folks looking for lost or stolen firearms in ads on Pennswoods.
    I could only imagine listed it on there …… those vultures be on him like white on rice.
    When I found that ar mag , I had posted a sign in the club and at the range ……
    simply saying if you lost something important …. call me.
    But later when I seen guy flying down the road …. I knew it had to be his.
    At the time these were over $100 , it even had a nice green webish carrier …. bottle of graphite , etc.
    Pecker head didn't even say thanks ….. and it wasn't a young kid but an older gentlemen who I had expected better manners from.

Although …. come to think.
    was it a newer Marlin?
    If so , maybe guy didn't want it any longer and should be fined for littering???

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    Although …. come to think.
    was it a newer Marlin?
    If so , maybe guy didn't want it any longer and should be fined for littering???
    All I know is, it was a bolt action marlin . I will see my buddy later in the week and see if anyone came looking.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    The interesting part is... Unless the serial number is known or the person remembers which FFL he bought it and they can find the 4473, they are SOL. And the 'new owner' now has it free and clear.
    Which speaks volumes to provide a good reason to retain all your sales reciepts!

All I know is, it was a bolt action marlin . I will see my buddy later in the week and see if anyone came looking.
    Yeah , I'd think best course of action is to post a large sign at the range saying to call so and so if lost something valuable , of course the sooner the better. If the guy who lost it realized it by now he went back already.
    Guy who's pistols we found took a little while …. cause he had apparently so much to unload at home …. he didn't notice the missing gun box? But they'll always come back.
    If the cops do take it … nothing says they will put forth any effort to locate owner.
    But the owner you'd think would at least check with the club to see if anyone found it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12