Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Active Duty Military Concealed Carry

Greetings!

I am seeking information on obtaining a LTCF from my home state of PA. I am running into two problems.

1) I am a PA resident but being active duty military I do not live in the state currently and as such my Pennsylvania drivers licence does not reflect a PA address but that of my current out of state address.

2) Being that I am stationed far away I am not able to pick up a license with in the time frame the sheriff's office as mandated.

Are there an exceptions to the pick-up in person policies for Active Duty Military (just as there are with driver's licenses)? Are there any counties that would mail the license out with an extra fee for active duty military? Thank you for any and all help in this matter.

Default Re: Active Duty Military Concealed Carry

Look at the State you are currently stationed.
    Some states will issue to active military with proper documentation.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by CMU View Post
    Greetings!

I am seeking information on obtaining a LTCF from my home state of PA. I am running into two problems.

1) I am a PA resident but being active duty military I do not live in the state currently and as such my Pennsylvania drivers licence does not reflect a PA address but that of my current out of state address.

2) Being that I am stationed far away I am not able to pick up a license with in the time frame the sheriff's office as mandated.

Are there an exceptions to the pick-up in person policies for Active Duty Military (just as there are with driver's licenses)? Are there any counties that would mail the license out with an extra fee for active duty military? Thank you for any and all help in this matter.
    No, you need to go to the office because they take your photo.

There is no reason you should not be able to pick up the license 15 minutes after they take your picture. If you are a resident of a county that does not do same day, for some (entirely made up reason) I can only suggest you call the office and explain your situation. I would take your les to show your PA residency, they might give you trouble if you show yo driver’s license. In fact I wouldn’t mention it at all, and just use your military ID.

If you need a reference send me a pm.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Lehigh County)

What county in PA is your home of record in?
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

IIRC , the military has a whole other take on ownership , possession and carry of privately owned weapons , whether or not you have a LTCF from your home state. Especially if you live on base or off-base in Gov't owned housing.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    IIRC , the military has a whole other take on ownership , possession and carry of privately owned weapons , whether or not you have a LTCF from your home state. Especially if you live on base or off-base in Gov't owned housing.
    But if live off base in non-gov't housing all you have to do is obey the state's laws that you are living in. If on base or gov't housing when I was active duty privately owned weapons were stored in the arms room.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    SSD3 taught me that the post commander is required to provide storage for all personally owned firearms.

If they don’t just let you keep them in your residence. I’m sure cmu knows the rules for his post.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    No, you need to go to the office because they take your photo.

There is no reason you should not be able to pick up the license 15 minutes after they take your picture. If you are a resident of a county that does not do same day, for some (entirely made up reason) I can only suggest you call the office and explain your situation. I would take your les to show your PA residency, they might give you trouble if you show yo driver’s license. In fact I wouldn’t mention it at all, and just use your military ID.

If you need a reference send me a pm.
    Good suggestion thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Driswalds View Post
    Look at the State you are currently stationed.
    Some states will issue to active military with proper documentation.
    I have one from Florida, however PA does not recognize me as a PA resident legally able to carry with a non PA license.

Monroe.